how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmorgan0422

@rogers.com

[Internet] 40mbs serice with linksys wrt310n Wesley Chapel, Fl

Hello,
I have 40mbs service with the ubee Voice/Cable/Internet. I would like to use my linksys wrt310N router (better wireless range and parental controls). The local tech came out and replaced the box to resolve the wireless issue. I asked him if he could bridge the unit so that I could use my router. He explained politely that I didn't know what I was talking about. If I don't have it bridged wont I run into NAT errors? Is it possible to bridge the Ubee 40mbs unit?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138

Re: [Internet] 40mbs serice with linksys wrt310n Wesley Chapel,

said by dmorgan0422:

Hello,
I have 40mbs service with the ubee Voice/Cable/Internet. I would like to use my linksys wrt310N router (better wireless range and parental controls). The local tech came out and replaced the box to resolve the wireless issue. I asked him if he could bridge the unit so that I could use my router. He explained politely that I didn't know what I was talking about. If I don't have it bridged wont I run into NAT errors? Is it possible to bridge the Ubee 40mbs unit?

Wow...I want to look into this immediately. Please accept my apologies for the late reply...I have been out of the office most of the day. Please PM me your modem MAC address and and IP address and I will be in touch shortly.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

dmorgan0422

join:2012-01-05
Wesley Chapel, FL

Thanks for the reply, I'll forward the info as soon as return home.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

No problem....

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

I will respond to your specific concern via pm... in the meantime would you like me to go ahead and bridge your modem tongiht for you?

dmorgan0422

Wesley Chapel, FL

That would be great , thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

Alright go ahead and connect your router to the modem now. Remember to connect the cable from the modem to the WAN IN port of the router and of course connect your PC to the router. In the next 5 minutes or so your modem will reset a couple of times...when its done your modem will be bridged.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

You are now bridged please login to the router admin console and make sure the WAN IP you show is not a 192.x.x.x anything else and you are golden.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

Status?

dmorgan0422

Wesley Chapel, FL

Sorry for the delay. Everything is working normally now. I can VPN into my network and everything is forwarding as expected. Thank you very much! You guys are awesome.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dmorgan0422

You're welcome and let me know if you need anything else

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to dmorgan0422

I had a similar tech with time warner tell me a similar story. It's like some of them treat us like we don't know what we are doing. I think in my case once he saw my huge computer tower he thought otherwise.