how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vermonter

join:2006-05-30
Essex Junction, VT

Emails rejected as spam

Over the holidays we had two instances where emails from our myfairpoint addresses were rejected by AOL because the sending IP address had sent too many SPAM emails. We resent them using a different service and hoped the problem would go away.

This morning an email I sent to a friend in Germany was rejected for the same reason. Detailed text was:
554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [66.175.40.169] blocked using ix.dnsbl.manitu.net; Your e-mail service was detected by mx.selfip.biz (NiX Spam) as spamming at Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:57:59 +0100. Your admin should visit »www.dnsbl.manitu.net/lookup.php?···5.40.169
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable.

An IP lookup on the guilty IP address shows it belongs to Carrierzone.com in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I assume this is the company that provides Fairpoint email hosting.

We had a similar problem when we were Hughnet customers and it continued for years until they subcontracted email hosting to a company in Canada which had better outgoing spam controls (I presume).

Anyone else having a problem?
--
HN9000, XP Pro SP3

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting

I've run into similar problem. I have my own domain and use FairPoint DSL. My company uses Barracuda to filter spam and every once and awhile my DSL IP address changes and I can no longer send mail

It looks like the mail server you picked is also being spam blocked.
mail30c26.carrierzone.com

»mxtoolbox.com

Plug your IP into mxtoolbox to see if it is blacklisted. If so try to disconnect/reconnect DSL to see of you get anotherone. Rinse/repeat until you get one that is not blacklisted. If you have a stable IP you should be able to email the blacklist to have it removed.

/tom

DrSmith

join:2009-02-16
united state
reply to Vermonter

Getting IP addresses off blacklists is a never-ending challenge. AOL will point to FP and vice versa. You will be much better off getting your own email domain and using a 3rd party SMTP authentication service (authsmtp, dyndns, etc.) or be a lemming and use gmail. Either of these solutions has the added advantage of giving you a permanent email address, regardless of your future ISP.

tomc924

join:2012-03-11
Greensboro Bend, VT
reply to Vermonter

i have been having this problem using Fairpoint pop3 email now for over a year. After some investigation, Ive found that many of the Fairpoint mail server IPs are blacklisted by one or more of the blacklist services that track spamming servers.. Apparently there are some Fairpoint clients that abuse their TOS and Fairpoint apparently allows it. SO when you send a legit email using one of these servers, to a clients who is monitoring blacklists ( like ATT or AOL), your email will get bounced ..I t may eventually be delivered but may take a few days. I have complained to Fairpoint on several occasions... never get a response. can anyone add any credence to this story?