how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dziazadeh

join:2012-01-05
Farmington, MI

[Internet] Oakland County, MI Resident Unhappy with BHN Service

I have been with BHN for a while, since no other service provider is available in our area.

I am paying for the standard cable internet, but I am consistently getting between 6-7Mbps, instead of the new 10Mbps that customers were being bumped up to at no cost.

Further, I am unhappy with my Motorola Surfboard DOCSIS 2.0 Router that BHN has provided and want to upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.0.

I have found several online that I am interested in purchasing, but after reading stories here on the message board, I am considering against it.

Does BHN have any "Approved" DOCSIS 3.0 Modems that they will provide to their customers for Free? Or are there any DOCSIS 3.0 Modems, that I can purchase that will support BHN?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Re: [Internet] Oakland County, MI Resident Unhappy with BHN Serv

Hi there and sorry for the delayed response. First things first...please post screenshots of your BHN speed test results in this thread. Once I see that I'll likely have additional questions for you. As for wanting a D3 modem you would need to subscribe to our Lightning service for this to happen and we will provide the modem at no cost. You are free to buy and use your own D2 modem but not D3 but I'll be very honest there is no technical or economic advantage for you doing so.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to dziazadeh

Docsis 3.0 is channel bonding which is only used with our lightning service. a 3.0 modem wouldnt do you any good at all with standard 10 or 20 meg services.

dziazadeh

Farmington, MI

Click for full size
Running on a Motorola Surfboard SB 5101U Modem, attached to a D-Link DIR-655 Router, connected to my desktop via Cat5 LAN (Gigabit Motherboard and Router).

My upload speeds have been very bad, and I have never seen anything close to the 10Mbps, advertised speed. I have both BHN consumer and enterprise internet installed. This SpeedTest result was taken using the consumer cable. Enterprise internet is running perfectly.

DiskDrive
Goin' In Circles
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Farmington, MI

This looks like the standard RR package here in Michigan -- 7 Mbps down and 512 kbps up:

»brighthouse.com/michigan/shop/internet/plans

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

3 edits
reply to dziazadeh

Click for full size
You don't have a 10mbps service tier in MI. You are 7mbps down, 512kbps up.

dziazadeh

Farmington, MI

Click for full size
If that is true, then BHN is doing some serious false advertising on their website, and if this issue cannot be resolved, it will require a phone call to the BBB.

dziazadeh

Farmington, MI

Click for full size
Last screenshot was small, here is a larger one:

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to dziazadeh

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have corrected the error and our apologies for any confusion this has caused you. If you have any questions or additional concerns feel free to msg me here and I’ll be happy to give you a call.

dziazadeh

Farmington, MI

Thank you for fixing that. However, I am still having trouble understanding why Michigan is left with 7Mbps, while other parts of the US are getting a boost to 10Mbps at no additional charge?

DiskDrive
Goin' In Circles
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Farmington, MI
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

We have corrected the error and our apologies for any confusion this has caused you.

If you expand out the more details below, it still suggests the 1 Mbps upload speed, not the correct 512 kbps.

dziazadeh See Profile makes a good point, however. Why is Michigan treated like the unwanted child of the BHN family? CFL and other serviced areas appear to get much better and more competitive service than we do and tend to get upgrades rolled out far in advance of us. Perhaps it's time to turn the tables or at least keep things consistent and fair for all customers.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
reply to dziazadeh

See below....

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits
reply to dziazadeh

Thank you... I found it and it will be corrected.

dziazadeh

Farmington, MI
reply to DiskDrive

said by DiskDrive:

said by BHNtechXpert:

We have corrected the error and our apologies for any confusion this has caused you.

dziazadeh makes a good point, however. Why is Michigan treated like the unwanted child of the BHN family? CFL and other serviced areas appear to get much better and more competitive service than we do and tend to get upgrades rolled out far in advance of us. Perhaps it's time to turn the tables or at least keep things consistent and fair for all customers.

BHNtechXpert: Any explanation?