uniqs

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Is this the end of the team?

We've had 2 topics here in 2011, 3 topics in 2010, and not many more in 2009. The team's output is similarly disappointing:

This team has had 254 participants contribute blocks. Of those, 238 are still on this team, and 10 submitted work today.

Of the 10 active users, my own output contributed over 80% of the total for yesterday's stats run. We're currently #19 in the top 100 team list, but that won't last much longer due to current output, which puts us at #46 on yesterday's stats run.

Has this team pretty much died, or do we have any hope of putting up a fight against the other guys?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

It's less a question of beating other teams than hoping to get lucky for the prize. The project has such a long half-life that it's quite liable to last well beyond our lifetimes. Seems like a lot of newer teams are using GPU or game devices these days, while a lot of the Mac contingent have given up on the PowerPC as well, which has affected usage.

On the other hand, there's never been much activity in here, which is why it was moved to 'old forums'.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to removed

Premium Member

to removed
Now that I'm paying for my own electricity and have to heat the house, distributed computing is terrible.

Tex Longhorn
45-35
MVM
join:2001-01-05
Luckenbach

Tex Longhorn to removed

MVM

to removed
Request that name be changed to "Team Removed."
Tex Longhorn

Tex Longhorn to removed

MVM

to removed
s_kosobucki@yahoo.com just knocked you out of the daily top spot.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

For the day. We're back to where we should be now.

The vast majority of my output is coming from two video cards now. This is great!