pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

Sprint Has No Choice

First, the government needs to enforce the law and go after Sprint for engaging in false advertising. Of course, since the government blesses the current false advertising on price done by all phone companies, this probably won't happen.

Second, Sprint would get killed if they got rid of non-overaged data plans. Without that, there's nothing that differentiates them from Verizon or AT&T, except for that their quality of service is pretty much a joke.

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

Please tell me how they are engaging in false advertising? This was sloppy journalism at best and at worst an attemt to defame Sprint.

pnh102
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by RVAguy:

Please tell me how they are engaging in false advertising? This was sloppy journalism at best and at worst an attemt to defame Sprint.

If the ads claim they don't throttle, then the CEO says they do, then what are people supposed to think?

Granted, the company says the CEO misspoke, but had be been correct, this would have been false advertising.

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

Actually, it wasn't the CEO who misspoke, it was a journalist who deliberately left out the word roaming. Also, one could make a legal argument, that throttling in itself doesn't violate the phrase unlimited data. Again, just saying legally, it could be argued, not that is what I agree with.

pnh102
Premium Member
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by RVAguy:

Also, one could make a legal argument, that throttling in itself doesn't violate the phrase unlimited data.

Indeed it doesn't, but Sprint's ads claim that no throttling takes place.