Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium Member
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN

King P to WeKnSmith

Premium Member

to WeKnSmith

Re: Sprint says their CEO misspoke

You know what's funny, is that whenever I check my usage stats in my Sprint account, it says I have Unlimited Data Roaming.

Now, obviously we all know that isn't true, because (as you stated) it says there is a 300MB limit on roaming data. In fact, I rooted my Nexus S 4G, installed Roam Control and force roamed on Verizon for 3 straight months with 1GB+ data usage per month and Sprint sent me a nastygram in the mail, telling me to cut it out or they'll terminate my account.

With that said, couldn't Sprint get in trouble for stating unlimited Roaming in one place, but saying you have a 300MB limit in the ToS?
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

No. Only because the hard limits are stated in your contract (TOS/AUP) that you agreed to with your service.
40757180 (banned)
join:2009-11-01

1 recommendation

40757180 (banned)

In my contract it says unlimited. If i to get such letter I will sue the for false advertisement and breach of contract.

RVAguy
Premium Member
join:2006-01-05
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

Which requires you to prove in court, which also you have to prove damages. It's an uphill battle & don't expect any attorney to take your case unless it's a class action suit (which I don't see many complaining about force roaming data usage). I would terminate you too. All they have to do is see what towers you are roaming on and figure out you have a rooted phone and are forcing it to roam in network. Breach of contract...
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

said by RVAguy:

Which requires you to prove in court, which also you have to prove damages. It's an uphill battle & don't expect any attorney to take your case unless it's a class action suit (which I don't see many complaining about force roaming data usage). I would terminate you too. All they have to do is see what towers you are roaming on and figure out you have a rooted phone and are forcing it to roam in network. Breach of contract...

1) I see no reason to get a lawyer. There is something called small claim court.

2) Phone get prl from sprint that makes it automatically roam on Verizon when there is no Sprint signal available but there is Verizon.

RVAguy
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

I apologize, I reread the statement above and thought it was you. I was referring to the post that said they were forcing it to roam. This wasn't you who said that. Small claims court still requires proof of damages. I am not sure what damages you would claim if Sprint canceled your account, as there are other providers. I think it would be an uphill battle. They may reimburse you for the phone you purchased, but that's about it.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

said by RVAguy:

I apologize, I reread the statement above and thought it was you. I was referring to the post that said they were forcing it to roam. This wasn't you who said that. Small claims court still requires proof of damages. I am not sure what damages you would claim if Sprint canceled your account, as there are other providers. I think it would be an uphill battle. They may reimburse you for the phone you purchased, but that's about it.

In the contract that I signed with sprint it says roaming is unlimited both on the website and on my bill. I would sue Sprint for damages that resulted in me having to switch to another carrier and having to pay more per month and not get same type of unlimited plan as I had with Sprint.

RVAguy
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

Interesting... Can you take a screen shot? I am looking for that under my acct.
40757180 (banned)

40757180 (banned)

said by RVAguy:

Interesting... Can you take a screen shot? I am looking for that under my acct.

Here you go

RVAguy
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

RVAguy

Premium Member

Oh ok. Does our contract support that as well? I hardly roam, or even use 3g for that matter. I try to use much wifi as possible. 3g in my parts is a joke now. When I first got the EVO, it was very quick. Now, it takes forever to bring up a webpage, even in its mobile format.