uniqs

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Proud of that 250GB cap?

Hey Comcast!

You haven't forgotten that 250GB usage cap (upload/download) that you've been sitting on since October 1, 2008 have you?

Just don't want it to go unnoticed with all of these supposed upgrades and corresponding rate hikes....

Like I've said before, you are paying more for less and less of the internet.
ctggzg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

ctggzg

Premium Member

Faster speeds mean transferring data faster or more things in parallel, not necessarily downloading things that you wouldn't have downloaded anyway. I can't speak for you, and there are exceptions, but let's be realistic -- the vast majority of people who are impacted by the cap are downloading things that they shouldn't.
axiomatic
join:2006-08-23
Tomball, TX

axiomatic

Ummmm no! When you have four people in a house all using some form of streaming media like Zune Marketplace on the XBOX 360 along with Netflix streaming its quite easy to surpass 250GB in one month.

All 100% legal consumer uses my friend. Just because you are a light user doesn't mean you can speak from everyone.

As a side note. Other than my ridiculously high bill Comcast is in fact providing me an excellent service level. But the price is officially ridiculous. My only real complaint is that Comcast idea of 1080p is laughable. Maybe 860p-ish. But it's certainly not comparable at all to OTA quality.

In fact Comcast, that should be your new years resolution. Let try to get closer to 1080p. OK?
crk2h
join:2003-03-19
Murfreesboro, TN

crk2h

Nothing is even broadcast in 1080p yet so why would that matter? Maybe for the PPV or on Demand movies?? I don't think I have even seen anything on comcast advertinsing that they had 1080p??

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan
said by IPPlanMan:

Hey Comcast!

You haven't forgotten that 250GB usage cap (upload/download) that you've been sitting on since October 1, 2008 have you?

They haven't forgotten. whatever your speed, legacy video revenues still need protecting.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy to crk2h

to crk2h
Yup even OnDemand and PPV HD programming is still 1080i.

Scatcatpdx
Fur It Up
join:2007-06-22
Portland, OR

Scatcatpdx to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan
I never had a problem with 250GB cap even with fairly heavy on line TV watching I never seem to get above 26GB.
krazyfiend
join:2011-02-15

krazyfiend to axiomatic

to axiomatic
it actually is 1080i...however...

when it comes to how Comcast chooses to divvy up the bandwidth for channels and allot those channels to QAM's... is a whole other debate (see AVSforums for in depth discussions)...

Even at a so-call 'hi-def' resolution , I would not consider anything 'hi-def' if the bandwidth stream feeding the A/V is anything south of 15-17 MB/s ... which is frequently the case. Compared to OTA, most cable/satellite will look crappy, 1080i or not, due to overly lossy compression and stifled bandwidth allotment.