how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4

I am wondering why you mention TWC as deploying D3.0 slowly.

According to this link TWC has already deployed DOCSIS 3.0 in 60% of their nationwide footprint:
»www.cedmagazine.com/news/2011/08···s-in-nyc

One of the reasons it has taken TWC since 2009 to deploy DOCSIS 3.0 to at least 60% of customers is they have had to add SDV in some markets to free up bandwidth, replace old fiberoptic lasers, replace nodes completely in some cases and other various factors of reading their networks for DOCSIS 3.0 . One of the reasons Dallas the market I am in got DOCSIS 3.0 at the top of the list is we were a recent upgrade to 860MHz and had all of the equipment updated to handle DOCSIS 3.0 some of TWC's areas have old 750MHz line gear that is not capable of handling DOCSIS 3.0 so they have to replace it before they can deploy it in those systsms with some of the first 750MHz line gear products made in the 90s.

NYC26

@rr.com
Shouldn't they upgraded to 1GHZ instead of being on the same problem two years from now. Time Warner here in NYC is 860 too,and they removed 90% of the analog channels and implemented SDV on top of it and the quality of service sucks. They decided to waste bandwidth on gimmicks like star over,and others enhanced digital gimmicks. Of course they don't give a crap about the picture quality of HD channels and the 3/1 compression continue. I am done with these idiots and switching to DirectV since Fios is taking forever to wire my building.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by NYC26 :

Shouldn't they upgraded to 1GHZ instead of being on the same problem two years from now. Time Warner here in NYC is 860 too,and they removed 90% of the analog channels and implemented SDV on top of it and the quality of service sucks. They decided to waste bandwidth on gimmicks like star over,and others enhanced digital gimmicks. Of course they don't give a crap about the picture quality of HD channels and the 3/1 compression continue. I am done with these idiots and switching to DirectV since Fios is taking forever to wire my building.

well TWC in my are has some 1GHz gear but is mainly 860MHz I think maybe the line amps are 1GHz but the Motorola nodes are 860MHz and the aurora networks nodes are 1GHz. Here TWC uses 24 QAMs for SDV which is plenty.