Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

plojo

join:2008-01-21
Longueuil, QC
reply to InvalidError

Re: CNOC's Part 1 Filing on the 703/704 tariffs

Ohh I thought it was due for today, my bad.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by plojo:

Ohh I thought it was due for today, my bad.

You'll know the CRTC's decision on this has come out when you either:
- see a new thread about this growing by 10 pages per hour
- this thread starts growing by 10 pages per hour

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

3 edits
reply to jfmezei
Every file recieved so far tonight is in here and unread by me so..
Edit:Added JF's.Edit:2 added primus.I'm off to bed so JF can upload
anymore

For primus just add PDF as the extension.It got cut off.I'll fix it tomorrow
downloadCRTC Shit.rar 771172 bytes
CRTC stuff

downloadCRTC-MTS-Eth···tion.pdf 273527 bytes
JF on MTS Ethernet file

downloadJohn Travers···S and ET 25497 bytes
Primus vs MTS on ethernet
(John Traversy_CRTC_MTS All Part 1_Reclassification of EAS and ETS_Primus Interve)

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
reply to jfmezei
JF if you can yo should change the title to all 703 related shit if the time cut off hasnt hit yet.Mine was to long and buried now I think

jfmezei
Premium
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC
kudos:23
AndyB, you are in luck. Just after I sent mine in, I ran to catch the bus to go swimming. The bus didn't show up and the next one would have been too late for me to do all my laps, so I had to walk back home in the cold wind.

I'll repost the stuff with short names. I had complained to DSLR before about their trucating file names, but as usual, they dismiss anything I complain about.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Click for full size
downloadPIAC_Interve···rt_1.pdf 73,828 bytes
PIAC
Click for full size
downloadLetter to Jo···al-2.pdf 23,852 bytes
CNOC
Click for full size
downloadCRTC-MTS-Eth···tion.pdf 273,527 bytes
Vaxination
Click for full size
downloadJohn Travers···6Jan.pdf 25,497 bytes
Primus
here are the filings I have gotten so far.

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario

3 edits
I was going to bed and forgot to turn pc off.That all you got?I had whatever is in the zip plus the extra's.Dunno what they all or for as I havent read any of them but I'm pretty sure they all ate 703 related as thats all I'm signed up for at the moment

Edit:Deleted attachment

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Click for full size
download12 01 16 Dis··· ETS.pdf 35,455 bytes
Distributel
Distributel has just sent its submission:

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
For those who do not understand the meaning of this:

EAS is used by ISPs who buy the ethernet link between their premises and the nearest Bell wire centre.

For ISPs based in Trwanna, this means the link between 151 and the Adelaide CO where they connecrt to the AHSSPI port.

Companies liek MTS also use ethernet for many other purposes such as providing commercial services.

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
MTS is also saying their CO's are not all interlinked and IISP's would need to buy more links in order to cover the whole area

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Please ignore this post. Meant to keep this thread alive because there will be important submissions coming on February 6th (and CNOC's final reply on the 16th).

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
CRTC has not yet released its decision on what happens on Feb 1.

And we all know what a 16:00 release on a friday is for: bad news.

However, without a decision, my guess is that rates will go live on Feb 1, but it is unclear what CRTC will do about penalties and the service fees.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
Cross fingers !

xcimo
Ebox 60Mbps

join:2007-11-21
Gatineau, QC
reply to jfmezei
It wouldn't make sense that CRTC asked for all the comments and not take a decision.. And it also dosen't make much sense that they waited until 1-2 days before feb 1st..

So I guess JF if right, tomorrow it will be.

However, I am not sure about the friday = bad news.. Could be bad news for Bell after all.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
There was something very fishy about Bell's reply in the case of those comingling penalties. They acknowledged receipt of only CNOC's submission and neither mine nor Primus'.

Both CNOC and Primus mentioned my submission numerous times in their submissions.

These penalties, as asked by bell, will cost ISPs thousands of dollars for activities outside of their control. So if the CRTC approves them, it is bad news because it also skews their potential decision on the part 1.

They can't ignore the issue of penalties and service charges (when changing purchased capacity) if they allow rates to go into effect feb 1.

eh

@videotron.ca
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

Cross fingers !

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

As for JF's comment about Fridays; Yup this is true. Bad news comes from the CRTC on Fridays. Anything else usually Tuesdays and wed.

Same with all the privacy issues. For those who follow privacy snafu's, hacks, exploited people or similar, the info is only released on Fridays.

Been this way for years. JF said it right.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
kudos:3
Cmon... im not going to sleep well tonight with all your Nostradamus predictions.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque

Velix

join:2007-06-08
La Prairie, QC
I think you'll sleep very well tonight. The CRTC made the right choice for consumers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to jfmezei
Click for full size
download2012-60.pdf 163,062 bytes
A PDF of the decision

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
reply to Velix
said by Velix:

I think you'll sleep very well tonight. The CRTC made the right choice for consumers.

They still decided to let Bell charge for capacity on individual GigE links rather than aggregate on the whole ISP, which is a real nightmare for indies. It wouldn't be so bad if Bell would allow 10GigE links, but they don't have anything bigger than GigE.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Friday 1st

@videotron.ca
reply to diskace
said by diskace:

Cmon... im not going to sleep well tonight with all your Nostradamus predictions.

Well, well. This is a first. Guess there is a first for everything.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
reply to Guspaz
I am pretty mad that CRTC didn't bother sending an email to participants to announce the decision. But now, I have to worry about not forgetting to go to the nearest store to buy some loto max before the deadline. With 50 million bucks of pocket change, think of all the golfing I could do with Bell

And I could afford to buy cookies for everyone at CRTC hearings

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Mr Guspaz, the reality is that with the implementation coming in on Feb 1, Bell really has to assign fixed rate limits on individual links, so it makes sense that it would have to charge separatly.

I don't think anyone epected the CRTC to rule otherwise since this very issue is what is being debated in the CNOC Part 1.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
reply to jfmezei
With 50 million, I wouldn't go golfing with Bell, I'd just retire to a larger apartment with a dishwasher, a dedicated fibre connection, and maybe a nice home theatre :P

As it stands, I'm getting started on my budget-minded home theatre, even if the entire home theatre fits within a 60 square foot space, and cost under $2000 :P

I mean, I'd love to have a 4000 lumen 4K 3D home theatre on a 150 inch screen with comfy cinema chairs and a sweet 7.1 sound system, but I'm pretty happy at the moment with my 1800 lumen (500-600 in cinema mode) 1080p 2D home theatre on a 80 inch screen with a comfy two-person couch and a decent 2.1 sound system
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

poor u

@videotron.ca
reply to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

With 50 million bucks of pocket change, think of all the golfing I could do with Bell

If I win the 50-million I'll buy you one of these »Re: A motion for fairness so you don't have to bike to the CRTC anymore.

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Ah Ah ! CRTC was productive today, it also ruled on the penalty charges.

I have not read it yet. Just hovered over to the CRTC site and notcied the number of decisions rendered as a result of the 703-704.

The penalties decision is at: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/ ··· 2-56.htm

jfmezei
Premium
Pointe-Claire, QC
Yippie.

11. The Commission considers that, during the period that the interim implementation regime is in force, it would be appropriate to give the Bell companies and the ISPs the opportunity to collect data to evaluate the significance of any direction of wholesale residential traffic onto the business realm and to refine their positions on the nature and level of the penalty charge. Accordingly, the Commission will not approve the Bell companies’ TNs at this time.

12. The Commission therefore suspends the proceeding associated with Bell Aliant TN 392 and Bell Canada TN 7339 until such time as it provides final direction on the implementation regime for the approved capacity-based billing model or until there is clear evidence of traffic irregularities.

This is a decision where my submission definitly had an impact, so there is a feeling of accomplishement. I may end up buying more tha lottery tickets when I wander over to the grocery store.

Ott_Cable

@teksavvy.com
reply to Guspaz
With 50 Mil, even if you are battling down inflation at 3%/yr and only getting 5% yield/yr on your investments give you $1 mil (pretax) per year to live on with the growth alone...

I would expect you would have to work extra hard to spend that dough.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
reply to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

I may end up buying more tha lottery tickets when I wander over to the grocery store.

Not sure how/if the 6/49 is offered in Quebec, but in Ontario I just got a subscription plan for the year and they will automatically notify me if I win any draws. Saves you from always having to go to the store.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
reply to Ott_Cable
said by Ott_Cable :

I would expect you would have to work extra hard to spend that dough.

He can get a fibre connection and burn/mail ISOs to us should the CRTC lose its mind again.