spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Tyrs
@mchsi.com

Tyrs

Anon

Slower than rated speeds since pole was knocked down

About 2 weeks ago, we lost internet for a entire day. They say a pole fell down. Ever since I don't get my rated speeds.

I'm on 50/5 currently, and I'm getting 25/5 and have been for well over a week now. I always got 50 or more before this, and I am paying a premium to be on this service over the regular service.

I called and they schedule a guy to come on Tuesday, however everytime this happens the guy has no clue what he is doing and sometimes doesnt even know they offer 50/5. It's always just a waste of my time/day.. and i'm pretty sure this isnt even a problem with anything in my house.

Is there anything I can do?

tyrs
@mchsi.com

tyrs

Anon

My DOCIS3 modem is only pulling 1 IP. It was pulling 4 before, and it was explained when they set it up that I need to make sure theres 4 IPs in there.

I called and they say the same thing over and over "1 IP per residental".

What am I suppose to do here? No one understands the service... these speeds are not possible with 1 IP in the modem.
CR_Client
join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR_Client

It's not supposed to pull multiple IP addresses, it's supposed to bond to multiple downstream channels.

What do the diagnostics say on the modem page?

If worse comes to worst, register an account here on the forums and send an Instant Message/Private Message to MediaComChad to check on things for you.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Tyrs

Premium Member

to Tyrs
If you want to send me your telephone# or MAC ID I can take a look at what is going on for you.