Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thecorley1

join:2004-12-05
Columbia, MO

1 edit

[MO] mediacom internet borderline unusable, Columbia, MO

My internet (pay for 20m down) has been complete garbage for the past couple of months during normal human operating hours noon-1am. I've called multiple times and they acknowledged that the node is swamped and have promised me it will be upgraded soon. This has been going on for a couple of months now and nothing has been done. I'm paying a premium price for trash internet and since they seemingly have a monopoly in my area, have no recourse. Anyone had any luck getting issues resolved with mediacom??

ThatGuyInIA

join:2003-06-02
Ankeny, IA
Good luck with your issue. It's the same story in many places. I've been dealing with slow speeds since March 2011 in Iowa. They strung me along most of 2011 and said it was supposed to be resolved by the end of that year. Looking at my speed right now, I don't know if anything actually was done. You can ask for a credit, but if they grant it, it will only be for so long.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118

1 edit
reply to thecorley1
I can check on your connection and see what I can find out. If it is utilization I can see when the estimated fix date will be for you. Please PM me your telephone# or MAC ID.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to thecorley1
Doing node splits requires a lot more planning and work. Proper permits need to be obtained not to mention new equipment and hardware as well.

idletom6

join:2012-02-06
Columbia, MO
reply to thecorley1
What's the status on this? I live in the same complex and it is laughable how terrible the speed is from like 2pm - 1am. Love paying all this extra money for 20m down only to have the internet unusable 11 hours of the day.