spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Trainer2

@rr.com

[Internet] Bright House Cable Internet Service

Have standard cable internet service in Spring Hill, FL (Hernando County). I have experienced slower and slower service with regard to accessing web sites but most difficult with watching video training online that I subscribe to. Videos will start and after 5 or 10 seconds will drop into a wait state and in many cases never come out of wait. A month ago the video training would just run in start stop fashion for 10 second clips and then go into wait for 20 or 30 seconds and then start up again. Now the videos rarely if ever come out of wait state once they drop in. A friend suggested that there may be too many people accessing through my headend? If thats the case even faster (lightning service isn't going to help much). Any help with figuring this out would be appreciated as I pay good money for subscriptions that I can't even access right now. I run a brand new Apple IMac with high end specs for photography so don't believe it is a computer issue.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by Trainer2 :

Have standard cable internet service in Spring Hill, FL (Hernando County). I have experienced slower and slower service with regard to accessing web sites but most difficult with watching video training online that I subscribe to. Videos will start and after 5 or 10 seconds will drop into a wait state and in many cases never come out of wait. A month ago the video training would just run in start stop fashion for 10 second clips and then go into wait for 20 or 30 seconds and then start up again. Now the videos rarely if ever come out of wait state once they drop in. A friend suggested that there may be too many people accessing through my headend? If thats the case even faster (lightning service isn't going to help much). Any help with figuring this out would be appreciated as I pay good money for subscriptions that I can't even access right now. I run a brand new Apple IMac with high end specs for photography so don't believe it is a computer issue.

Howdy,

Please PM me your modem MAC address and IP and I'll take a look and let ya know whats going on. As for your friends advice...um no too many people aren't accessing your headend...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

Trainer2

@rr.com
I can't seem to find how/address to PM you. Is the MAC address the number on the modem labeled EMAC?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Trainer2
You need to register here and then you can PM me.

If can't find your modem MAC just PM me your IP address and BHN service region and I can test from that.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Trainer2
Okay...

Your levels are all good and no packet loss. Please post screenshots of your BHN speed test results and data as to where these trainging videos are housed. Along with that I need your network configuration...areyou on a wired or wireless connection...include make/models of hardware etc.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
There arent too many people connected to your head end, I can pretty much assure you of that. The issue is either internal at your house (which I would assume isnt the case since bhntechxpert didnt see anything) or something wrong with the video server your trying to view from.

Also, are you doing this wirelessly or directly connected to the modem/router?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Trainer2
Trainer I have your PMs but I am mobile at the moment. I need you to connect your pc directly to the modem and back the results of 3 BHN speedtests. Something in your last results caught my attention.

Trainer2

join:2012-01-07
reply to tim tim tim
wireless G Linksys.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Trainer2
Trainer I just reviewed your test results and they confirmed what I suspected. Time to replace that router with something a little more capable. If you need help choosing one let me know

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Trainer2
Trainer tell me what you use the internet for and what you WANT to use the internet for in lets say a year and also some data about the other users on your network as well as the number of users. This will help me come up with some possible solutions for you.