spc
uniqs
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim to jimi419

to jimi419

Re: guess i dont get it in Round Lake

your not going to show d3 status unless you have changed to a d3 modem. Just because your area is upgraded to d3 doesnt mean all of the services are using it, the 10-20meg services are still going to be using d2.

jimi419
Dadof4
join:2002-03-14
Round Lake, IL

jimi419

well they would have to offer that equipment as when i was given this dumb modem/phone crap instead of something i can put inline on my own router or modem and not have to pay them for equip. rental

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to tim tim tim

to tim tim tim
said by tim tim tim:

Just because your area is upgraded to d3 doesnt mean all of the services are using it, the 10-20meg services are still going to be using d2.

that could be changing or it could become standard practice to switch EVERYTHING to D3 channel bonding even down to the lowest of the low economy packages.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

yeah, probably someday that will be the case but not now, its not really needed.

Also, I don't know of any cable co's that are truly using GHz of bandwidth. The one I work for has all 1GHz equipment but still run at 860. I think the reasoning behind it is signal attenuation as you reach that 1GHz range over drops and in home cable that will begin to be a headache. If they can get away with 860 and use SDV id think it would be a bit more reliable and easier to keep customers in specs. Not to mention once all of the cable co's drop analog, thats a LOT of bandwidth that will be available.

Comcablrtl
join:2003-10-25
Midwest

Comcablrtl to jimi419

to jimi419
You can go purchase a D3 EMTA at Best Buy. Call the store first as I've found that they are usually out of stock.