uniqs
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7 to troubleagain

to troubleagain

Re: Cloo Network --Attn: WOW Dan

said by troubleagain :

Seems like WOW should add something there.

And they probably will. Comcast screwed them out of getting Telemundo (IIRC, they own the content) by pushing a 300% rate hike. They will probably find something and put it in there.

As far as I heard, Comcast will try the same thing with NBC now that they bought them.

Edit>> More on this: »arstechnica.com/tech-pol ··· yist.ars

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by sgc7:

As far as I heard, Comcast will try the same thing with NBC now that they bought them.

Comcast now owns many channels not just NBC. Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, NBCSports, etc. Seems like they wouldn't want to prevent other cable companies from carrying the channels. They wouldn't make nearly as much money.

But if they do at least I have the option of going to Comcast (kind of need to have NBC among others). Others may not have the choice.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by troubleagain :

said by sgc7:

Comcast now owns many channels not just NBC. Bravo, CNBC, MSNBC, NBCSports, etc. Seems like they wouldn't want to prevent other cable companies from carrying the channels. They wouldn't make nearly as much money.

But if they do at least I have the option of going to Comcast (kind of need to have NBC among others). Others may not have the choice.

They did this with Comcast SportsNet already, and they are important in IL (not to me).

If you switch to them if they do that, you will be playing right into their grubby, roach-infested hands.

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by sgc7:

They did this with Comcast SportsNet already, and they are important in IL (not to me).

If you switch to them if they do that, you will be playing right into their grubby, roach-infested hands.

WOW has CSN. What Illinois Cable providers don't have it?

So you can go without NBC, Bravo, etc? Seems to defeat the purpose of having cable, if you don't have major channels.