uniqs

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to priyen

Premium Member

to priyen

Re: Velcom, Acanac, price change, when ?

said by priyen:

we all know ACanac cable is basically distributel cable but if Acanac used distributel prices... then i woudln't be getting 24Mbps cable for $39,99 versus distrubutel's high 40's / low 50's price

My guess is that you're on a 1 year contract with Acanac, otherwise the price is pretty much the same. Distributel 15Mbps is 49.95 and Acanac 24Mbps is 51.95.

As for the speed difference, that's only because Distributel is still giving their customers Motorola SB5101's instead of a D3 modem.

--
said by jfmezei:

But **if** Acanac's DSL is still separate from 3web and distributel, then it would be possible that Acanac's costs are different if they cater to a different mix of angelo vs aunts&grand mothers.

From what I've heard the Acanac DSL is still a separate service from Distributel.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by JC_:

From what I've heard the Acanac DSL is still a separate service from Distributel.

While it might still be a separate service (I'm not sure), Acanac is still owned by Distributel, so they probably have the final say on things now.
PHLN
join:2003-07-31

PHLN

said by grunze510:

said by JC_:

While it might still be a separate service (I'm not sure), Acanac is still owned by Distributel, so they probably have the final say on things now.

Given that Distributel is grandfathering all the old rates, the chance of Acanca prices remaining the same is pretty high.

»Re: Distributel Internet
Lynn0
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
Trenton, ON

Lynn0 to JC_

Premium Member

to JC_

Has not been a secret for a long time now. Acanac is part of the
group of Distributel companies.