Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

[ALL] Rate increase 2012.. (note the internet..)

HEY this is actually going DOWN! (read on..)
How much will I save if I drop the movie pak (which we hardly use)

-Rob

Effective with your next bill statement, some prices will change as
the result of increases in operating and programming costs. All
service and equipment prices are listed per month unless otherwise
noted and are subject to franchise fees, taxes, and deposits.
Prices for Cox TV and Cox Advanced TV will be as follows:
Cox TV Starter will change from $19.55 to $22.85/mo. Advanced TV
will change from $5.50 to $4.20/mo. Advanced TV Standard
Definition receivers will change from $5.55 to $6.99/mo. Advanced
TV High Definition, High Definition/DVR & DVR receivers will
change from $7.45 to $7.99/mo. Advanced TV Paks will change:
Any 1 Pak (excluding Variety Pak) from $4.00 to $4.25/mo. Any 2
Paks (excluding Variety Pak) from $8.05 to $8.50/mo. Any 3 Paks
from $12.00 to $12.50/mo. Variety Pak will be $4.00/mo. Premium
pricing will change: 1 premium channel from $13.99 to $14.99/mo;
2 premium channels from $23.99 to $24.99/mo; 3 premium channels
from $30.99 to $34.99/mo; 4 premium channels from $36.99 to
$44.99/mo. Pricing for the 3rd and 4th Premium channels will be
grandfathered at the current price for existing customers.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

what i do not understand why they did not raise internet speeds on the ultimate and premier tier of service here in las vegas

and what i really do not understand is why they did not update the cox las vegas website reflecting the new speeds for preferred and essential and starter

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_

Well you're *almost* up to where we are.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to bryant313

1. lack of competition

2. the website is always at least 6 months out of date.

cvv01
Premium
join:2011-11-16
Lake Forest, CA
reply to Rob_

I just dropped down to 1 Pak w/advanced TV, canceled phone, and signed up for the price lock on video. 2 years, no price increases. For interent, I moved to COX business, 25/2 for $119 per month, no caps. Comes out to about what I was paying before w/all the fillers i just canceled. I'm seriously considering the 3 year contract, which will lower internet to $89.99 per month, which is guaranteed not to increase in price during the term. Basically, price locked on both sides with no bandwidth cap, what more can you ask for?

Goodbye Cox

@embarqhsd.net

In a response to cvv's question ..."what more can you ask for?"

Actually receiving all the channels you are paying for. A lot more channels that are received in real digital clarity. More HD channels. An iPad app that actually works (HD STREAMING, REMOTE PROGRAMMING, ETC.). No worrying about changing options due to incessant price increases. No hyped up volume advertisements. A internet connection that works as advertised on a 'five 9's' consistency...

...all while paying a lot less.

That is what you 'can ask for'.... and "ACTUALLY RECEIVE".

You just have to ask.

cvv01
Premium
Lake Forest, CA

There is much more we can ask for, but the almighty dollar is where the buck stops from a COX executive strategic decision making perpsective. My solution has been simple - I'm voting my with my dollars. Lost revenue = executive attention and better decisions in long run. If COX keeps raise prices, fine... I keep canceling services that either A) I don't need and/or B) I don't ever use. The ball is in their court. They keep playing games with pricing, more masses will follow.

Goodbye Cox

@embarqhsd.net

Direct TV and DSL here since December 30, cvv.

Awesome stuff.

Try something different.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

DSL is slow, capped, and.. ugh.. I'd rather be paying for Interent and dump TV all together. But, people in the house want their tv.

When google's internet comes through, (if ever) I'll be switching

-Rob

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to cvv01

said by cvv01:

I just dropped down to 1 Pak w/advanced TV, canceled phone, and signed up for the price lock on video. 2 years, no price increases. For interent, I moved to COX business, 25/2 for $119 per month, no caps. Comes out to about what I was paying before w/all the fillers i just canceled. I'm seriously considering the 3 year contract, which will lower internet to $89.99 per month, which is guaranteed not to increase in price during the term. Basically, price locked on both sides with no bandwidth cap, what more can you ask for?

More upload. thats not much upload for $119/mo!
--
Oh YES! let me drop everything i'm doing regardless of who it affects to deal with your petty little problem!

stanley_qaz
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Gilbert, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Rob_

Just got my rate notice.

Preferred net going from 49.99 to 53.99
Basic phone going from 11.75 to 13.18
Caller ID going from 5.95 to 9.00

I'm thinking this is good news... The wife is angry enough at the new price we are looking at dumping our Cox line and getting a second cell phone/line. With our new Panasonic home phone we can tie in two Bluetooth cell phones and have six handsets around the house.

The four bucks the net is going up isn't great but Cox pretty much is the only decent option I've found so they can get away with more there than on the phone.

As far as TV goes we moved that long ago.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

WTF?? Caller ID is $9.00?? WHAT A RIP OFF! If we can figure out a way to make capping illegal, I'd just get vonage and forget this crap. DO they think their phone service is a monopoly? Think again? We have 400 gigs a month and probably won't even touch it if we got vonage. Also, look into getting a dial tone (free by law) from your local phone co. so you can have emergency 911 service. If your caring for someone who needs to have lifealert, (like I'm about to..) you can't use cell for that.

-Rob

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to stanley_qaz

said by stanley_qaz:

Just got my rate notice.

Preferred net going from 49.99 to 53.99
Basic phone going from 11.75 to 13.18
Caller ID going from 5.95 to 9.00

I'm thinking this is good news... The wife is angry enough at the new price we are looking at dumping our Cox line and getting a second cell phone/line. With our new Panasonic home phone we can tie in two Bluetooth cell phones and have six handsets around the house.

The four bucks the net is going up isn't great but Cox pretty much is the only decent option I've found so they can get away with more there than on the phone.

As far as TV goes we moved that long ago.

Looks like Cox AZ has already posted the increases online.
Premier HSI still at $64.99

TV is going up about $3.00 for Advanced TV and Expanded

»ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···cing.cox
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-628, Win7 Desk, Win7 Toshiba Satellite A505-S6973
TiVo Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, SA8240HDC DVR, Passport Vers: 3.1.091, OS Vers: PowerTV 6.20.75.106sp
DIY-Ext. eSATA DVR Expander No Enclosure Bare HDD - WD Caviar Black WD1002FAE

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

WTF?? Caller ID is $9.00?? WHAT A RIP OFF!

Considering the service costs around a nickle to provide[yeah its a rip off]
--
Oh YES! let me drop everything i'm doing regardless of who it affects to deal with your petty little problem!

PoliticJunki

@coxfiber.net

I think caller id is included in a few of the packages. I looked at my bill & I have call waiting ID as part of my package.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

This is why services like Vonage, etc will become more popular..

XIII

join:2010-06-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to Rob_

I have not minded any of the increases as they have raised speeds relatively steadily as well. These last two rate hikes bother me, they just raised my Internet $5 about 6 months ago(expected with speed increase), and now they are raising it another $5 (no speed increase), thats a $10 hike in less than 1 year. I would at least like a speed increase with this second hike.
--
»FreeDNS.afraid.org - Free DNS dynamic DNS subdomain and domain hosting

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

said by XIII:

I have not minded any of the increases as they have raised speeds relatively steadily as well. These last two rate hikes bother me, they just raised my Internet $5 about 6 months ago(expected with speed increase), and now they are raising it another $5 (no speed increase), thats a $10 hike in less than 1 year. I would at least like a speed increase with this second hike.

VIDEO subsidizes hsi and as more cut the cord the more often hsi will see hikes.
--

cvv01
Premium
Lake Forest, CA

1 edit
reply to dvd536

said by dvd536:

More upload. thats not much upload for $119/mo!

You mean faster upload? Agreed. That would be NICE...However, the 2Mb is not capped, unlike residential, so it can run 24x7 as needed. $119 was a bit pricey, so I switched to $89.99 COX Home Office Internet plan special, which is guaranteed NOT to increase for the next 3 years. Something to consider if rate hikes and caps are a concern. Two birds, one stone.

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
reply to Rob_

I have the bare bone package for $60 on the TV. And on the internet I locked in the rates so no increase for me for another year.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

said by jchambers28:

I have the bare bone package for $60 on the TV. And on the internet I locked in the rates so no increase for me for another year.

No pricelock on equipment rentals however!
--

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·AT&T Wireless Br..

said by dvd536:

said by jchambers28:

No pricelock on equipment rentals however!

I am not renting any equipment from cox at all. I have analog TV and internet. I own my own modem.

I use windows media center to record my Tv shows.