get the new 25 meg down yet ?

papi ??

N3CAL
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

Hi Papi! Yes, I have the 25 meg down service here in St. Mary's County but I only see it in the early morning hours (2:00AM). There seems to be issues again since the start of the holiday season. Before Nov 2011 my downloads were rock solid at 16 meg. Now they are way down. During the day my download speeds are only between 5-14 meg.

I just tried one now and it's not good:

chess

join:2009-09-03
California, MD

DOH... your upload is good...

N3Cal: I forgot you were in Lex Park too....

I am getting a solid 1.2 meg down from any ftp site... just wondering if i should jump the extra 30 bucks am onth or not

N3CAL
Premium
Lexington Park, MD

Only seems to be working in the early morning hours:

papi4baby

join:2008-01-19
Callaway, MD
reply to N3CAL

said by N3CAL:

Hi Papi! Yes, I have the 25 meg down service here in St. Mary's County but I only see it in the early morning hours (2:00AM). There seems to be issues again since the start of the holiday season. Before Nov 2011 my downloads were rock solid at 16 meg. Now they are way down. During the day my download speeds are only between 5-14 meg.

I just tried one now and it's not good:

Yes!

Hey Chess, i dont have the 25/2 package, i have the 12/1. And yes i did get it, but i had to call so they could send the provisioning to the modem. 1.2 to an FTP sound about right. Unless you need more speed and more data i would stay where you are.

For me i dont need the 25/2 but it sure would be nice. Maybe on my new place i will get it.

»www.speedtest.net/result/1696509812.png

N3CAL
Premium
Lexington Park, MD

Waiting on Head End equipment upgrades. Till then it's tough during peak hours even with the HSD Ultra Package :

Craig

join:2006-01-22
Lexington Park, MD
reply to chess

In the dreaded Greenbrier, 830 in the evening. Not too bad, all things considered. 12/1 package.

chess

join:2009-09-03
California, MD

i have solid speeds all day long here in wildewood... i love it... just dont know if its worth paying that extra 20 bucks a month for 25 meg (2.5m) down or not... decisions decisions