spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cisco Kid

@rr.com

[TV] Cisco DVR Guide

In a previous Post, exchanges between BHNtechXpert and others discussed the issue of the smaller Guide display size on the Cisco DVR's vs Sams. BHNtechXpert saw the difference.....

Is there any feedback regarding this issue? Can\Will BHN push out a software Update to make the Cisco Guide full screen size?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

he may know more than me but as far as I know, nothing new is coming just yet.

JeffMD

join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL
kudos:1
reply to Cisco Kid

I imagine there will be many new updates to it. My parents just got one to replace their second broken SA dvr, and apparently the hdmi wasn't working properly. It's currently working through the vga port atm. The installer said it will be fixed in one of the coming updates hopefully. Otherwise though my parents love it a 100x more.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139
reply to Cisco Kid

Cisco I will repeat my last answer to this question again. We are always looking for ways to improve the guide and down the road there will likely be improvements that make you happy.

Cisco kid

@rr.com

Your reply was more of an overall Guide enhancements approach....and not particular to the Cisco DVR's Guide size. As you saw for yourself, having used the Sam DVR, the Guide on the Sams' fill the entire screen, the Cisco's Guide is in the SD Size. When you wrote you commented that now that you understood and saw the issue, you would investigate and get back. Do you know if the Cisco guide will be improved to fill the entire screen side to side as does the Guide

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139
reply to Cisco Kid

The Cisco SD guide is functioning as intended. I did see what you were talking about from an aspect ratio but there is no "problem" other than that the guide doesn't stretch as you would like it to. It's not intended to stretch (I think I went over this last time as well).

Cisco Kid

@rr.com

The whole point of the original question was we wanted to find out if BHN could do a software update to get the Cisco Guide to stretch to display the SAME Guide size as it does on the Sams? It was never about if the Cisco Guide was malfunctioning. Given the same BHN Guide is running on the Cisco and Sams Boxs....why shouldn't the Guide display on both models the same way? Thanks