Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GnS ZEUS

join:2012-01-05
Utica, MI

Xbox Live random Disconnects on Arris Docsis 3.0

Looking for help:

I keep getting kicked off xbox live at random times. I have an Arris Docsis 3.0 (30/3 WoWway service). My xbox has a wired connection. I have also opened the appropriate ports on my Modem/Router combo. On MW3 i can see that my NAT type is Open.

A W.O.W tech was out yesterday and installed a new modem/router combo. He confirmed errors on the last modem.

I will monitor the xbox live today and post an update.

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI
Do you have to open any ports yourself? Can't you just rely on UPnP to do that for you?

GnS ZEUS

Utica, MI
All the ports provided by xbox live are open

Just had another xbox live kick at 120pm and again at 128pm

sllywhtboy

join:2001-11-13
Santa Clara, CA
Reviews:
·Speakeasy
·WOW Internet and..
·Comcast
reply to GnS ZEUS
stupid nat. hate nat.

i suspect that the firewall in the modem/router combo is closing your nat connections too soon.

i check to see if you can put your arris in bridged mode and hook your xbox directly to that; watch if things improve. if so, next step would be to put your own router in between the modem and your xbox.

GnS ZEUS

Utica, MI
Just got off the phone with xbox live support and they just suggested getting my own router. So good call slly.

Just kicked me again at 222pm. I will be getting my own DLink DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router and bridging the connection.

I will update the thread when i get the new router installed.

GnS ZEUS

Utica, MI
New router installed and bridged the modem. Problem solved with no issues. Played MW3 for about an hour with no lag and no disconnects. Thanks for the asst everyone.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
I'm not too familar with that modem, is it possible under the firewall the IP Flood was selected, thats a known issue with Moto's Modem/Router combos...

xiaNaix

join:2011-12-28
Saint Clair Shores, MI
reply to GnS ZEUS
The Arris is basically useless as a router. You're better off with your own.

gene32

join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to GnS ZEUS
said by GnS ZEUS:

New router installed and bridged the modem. Problem solved with no issues. Played MW3 for about an hour with no lag and no disconnects. Thanks for the asst everyone.

A friend was also having the same weird NAT problems with their Arris router and their XBox. Plugging back in their old Linksys router and switching the Arris to bridged mode fixed all of their XBL problems.