Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bcronin
Premium
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

Call blocking question

If I have an incoming call routing rule setup to send all calls from area code 800 directly to voicemail, can I somehow exempt a specific 800 number so that it (and only it) will ring through, but all others will continue to go to voicemail?
--
bc

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29

You could try to whitelist the number.

bcronin
Premium
Hyde Park, NY

Yeah that occurred to me, but I'd like a definitive answer from VT as to whether or not that will work (if any VT folk are still reading here).
--
bc

dcurrey
Premium

The only thing I know for sure that is if you do a filter by callerid name the whtielist doesn't override it.

bcronin
Premium
Hyde Park, NY

I suspect the whitelist wasn't designed with this in mind and that overloading it to affect incoming filters might cause more problems than it solves. A cleaner way to implement it would be if one of the routing options for an incoming filter could be specified as "always ring through". Then I could have an 800-number filter that sends everything to voicemail and a specific one for a single 800 number that forces it through.
--
bc

dcurrey
Premium
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk

Looking at my trouble ticket the whitelist should work for you. It overrides the pattern match filters.

Hello,

Currently, the Pattern Match option on the Whitelist page only allows overriding entries in the "Route By Pattern Match Filters" section of the incoming call routing page, where you block incoming calls based on area codes or partial numbers.

At this time, there isn't a way to whitelist numbers that would be blocked based on their caller ID name.

I will suggest that our developers add this capability.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you and have a great day.

bcronin
Premium
Hyde Park, NY

Awesome, I had not noticed those checkboxes in there! Thanks ...
--
bc

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
reply to bcronin

I can also confirm that I do what you are trying to do. I block 8xx numbers but have a few particular ones (an automated club notification number) that I want to get through. It does work with whitelisting that number for me.