how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ecvogel

join:2012-01-08
Farmington, MI

[Internet] One computer service?

I was stunned I was told that the 10Mbs plan I think it is is one pc. I thought you could hook up a router and have as many devices as you want? I am one person with several devices. I can't afford extra, and the plans are a bit more thant I wanted. I know ATT UVERSE does not care and I am on Comcast HSI (bundled with landlords service) doesn't care if you use a router or not.

Thank you,
Eric
Farmington, MI (Soon)

Jade

@rr.com
Now who told you that? When I got that service level BHN for a one time fee, provided a wireless router and set up my network. There was a one time charge, at least it was what was offered in my BHN market...Tampa Bay,

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to ecvogel
Umm.. I think there is a big misunderstanding here ECV. We don't have any limitations like that...

If you have any questions or need anything just let me know.

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to ecvogel
I'm not sure where you got this information but it's completely false as has been mentioned. I can tell you for a fact that I am a BHN customer with the 10/1 standard RoadRunner package and I have a router hooked up with no issues.

Brighthouse will "encourage" you to get the higher packages for obvious reasons, but they are not required at all. Depending on your set up, sometimes the Turbo or Lightning package is beneficial, but definitely not required.

ecvogel

join:2012-01-08
Farmington, MI
I called the toll free number. Maybe she was subliminally trying to upsell me. I knew this didn't make sense.

The plan was $29.95 for 3 months and $39.99 for 12 months after
$12 more than Earthlink $29.95 for 6 months then $41.95 after. I dunno if the speeds are the same. Of course rates go up agan on BHN after the 12 months. I would guess this is the 10/1 plan?

Part of me wants to go with ATT for a year with cheap rates (have to watch every penny) but I know the rates will zack way up after 12 months and I will be speaking to people over seas.

I do not know if the home BHN is here in MI, but I know the business class is as I called in for support for someone.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153

1 edit

Not quite sure what you mean by home but yes we do have a call center where you are at. Would it just be easier for me to have someone call you tomorrow? If so PM me and I'll make that happen.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~