Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to smashcraft

Re: [CATV] Updates coming?

Considering Time Warner Plant Fiber has to pass thru part of the Insight areas to reach TW Areas in Columbus.. I would "think" that it would be fairly easy to take over.. but I don't know the back end of the cable plant that well on stuff like that..

I am guessing first we'll see a "virtual" change -- i.e. the channel line up will start to mirror Time Warner's line up in the market.. then they'll "absorb" the rest on the back end.

The Data side should be 'easier' to move over in Columbus if Insight has done upgrades to DOCSIS 3 supported CMTS' then its a matter of offering the "higher" road runner profiles (since Insight already offers Standard RR and "Turbo" as part of their marketing agreement with RR.)

JayOSU

@rr.com

said by Matt7:

I am guessing first we'll see a "virtual" change -- i.e. the channel line up will start to mirror Time Warner's line up in the market.. then they'll "absorb" the rest on the back end.

I hope you're right with this as I'd LOVE to be able to get MLB Extra Innings this year instead of MLBtv which was garbage because of Insight's garbage internet service.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to Matt7

I happen to personaly know that on Cherrybottom Rd between SR 161 and Morse Rd, last summer TWC was running fiber that got lashed on to Insight plant to connectI think to contractor Newark to Columbus.