uniqs
share rss forum feed

XenithOrb
Premium
join:2003-06-06
Palm Coast, FL

1 edit

Modem for standard customers

Hey this is for ispgeek - just wondering if BHN is offering anything other than the SA DPC2100R2 as far as modems go - for standard customers (non lightning) This thing was manufactured in 2006, is locking up every so often (needs power cycle), as is #4 of the same model I've gotten from my local service store over the course of 2 years. I'm about to pack this up and go get a new one, and I was hoping I might be able to mention some magic words to pique the receptionist into loaning a newer model.

I started noticing problems when they rolled out the TWC firmware that wiped the customers ability to see the modem logs (bet you love that :P)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

Xenith yes we do have alternatives. If you want something else let me know and I can take care of that for you...

As for TWC removing access to the logs...look that's their deal but I don't blame them. Those logs have caused more headaches from a support standpoint because...

1) They aren't accurate as it applies to the status of the modem

2) People misread the logs and assume there are problems when in fact there aren't
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

XenithOrb
Premium
join:2003-06-06
Palm Coast, FL
reply to XenithOrb

Like the new name, congrats you earned the official title
Looks like all the hard work paid off -fancy side-job huh!

If you want to put some stuff in the works, that would be pretty amazing. Let me know how this will work, as in if it's something you would ship to me, pickup, techroll etc. I'm ready to go if you can say that word that I can go somewhere and there's a tickmark under my file or something...

Thanks again, you're awesome.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

said by XenithOrb:

Like the new name, congrats you earned the official title
Looks like all the hard work paid off -fancy side-job huh!

If you want to put some stuff in the works, that would be pretty amazing. Let me know how this will work, as in if it's something you would ship to me, pickup, techroll etc. I'm ready to go if you can say that word that I can go somewhere and there's a tickmark under my file or something...

Thanks again, you're awesome.

PM me your modem MAC address and I'll be in touch
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~