Search similar:

uniqs

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida

Re: DIR-825 Wireless Problem

I would also try EndPoint Independent on the NAT firewall settings. Those are preferred. Specially for gaming and streaming.

Ya diskdruid, it's a great router and for the cost over a single 2.4Ghz router, well worth the extra for 5Ghz too.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Today my DIR-825 pissed me off for the last time and so I've replaced it with a Netgear WNDR4500 (canoe.ca works correctly), now if the Netgear doesn't drop all the time like the D-Link did, I'll be a very happy Netgear user.

So far I've seen a big speed increase with the WNDR4500.

Blake

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
Well that site works on my 825 and 4500 here.

Chris24
@telus.net

Chris24 to Link Logger

Anon

to Link Logger
Link Logger, I've had very similar issues with my DIR-825 and am frustrated too. I've tried everything in these posts and still have problems streaming video from some sites and dropped connections. I'm looking at changing routers, how have you liked your WNDR4500 since moving to it? Big change?

Thanks!

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN

Do you see this in different browsers? Does it happen if your directly connected to the ISP modem? What FW do you have loaded. Seems like this could be an issue in Canada. I don't see this here in the U.S.

Also the DIR-857 released up there.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to Chris24

MVM

to Chris24
said by Chris24 :

I'm looking at changing routers, how have you liked your WNDR4500 since moving to it? Big change?

The Netgear WNDR4500 is one of the best wireless routers I've worked with in Years .... highly recommended.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to Chris24

MVM

to Chris24
So far I'm really liking my new router. Zero problems thus far, faster then my old router and so I'm glad I switched.

Blake

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
Enjoy. Shame you couldn't get the 825 to work. Probably a configuration issue.
Redwolf
join:2001-01-07
Hot Springs National Park, AR

Redwolf to dyoshida

to dyoshida
Too bad you couldn't get the 825 to work. I have one and have had zero problems with it. I flashed Gargoyle firmware on it and I like it even better.

Chris24
@telus.net

Chris24 to Link Logger

Anon

to Link Logger
Ya, I picked up the WNDR4500 on Thursday last week and I can't believe the difference it made. I noticed a huge improvement in wireless strength and speed... crazy. I honestly should have made this change awhile ago.

Thanks for all the help everyone, really appreciated it.

I'm not saying the DIR-825 is a bad router or anything but clearly it wasn't the right one for me. Maybe I had a bad unit. I just can't believe the difference the WNDR4500 has made though.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
Enjoy.
lafcam
join:2012-05-25
Notre-Dame-Des-Prairies, QC

lafcam to dyoshida

to dyoshida
hi, first of all i am having Big problem with this routeur. the range is not good as every other routeur. i tried everything and nothing seem to solve thé problem i know a lot of customer from videotron that have thé same problem. i think dlink had a lemon and continue to say it is one of the best routeur on the market. only reason i am keeping it tHey sold it 49$:

diskdruid
join:2002-09-08
Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC

diskdruid to dyoshida

to dyoshida
No issue with mine here. Bought it a Bureau en Gros/Staples something like 18 months ago I think. Flashed 2.07NA last night, Still running perfect.

Even Shareport has been running flawlessly with a Samsung laser printer.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to lafcam

to lafcam
Does it have videotron FW loaded or DLinks OEM firmware? If videotron, thats probably the reason. There is a good post on the DLink forum about putting DLink OEM firmware on a 825 thats got videotron FW loaded. If your using OEM firmware,
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.

What wireless modes are you using? Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
Try single mode G or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N on 5Ghz?
Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto.
What wireless devices do you have connected?
Any cordless house phones?
Any other WiFi routers in the area? Use »www.metageek.net to find out.
Turn off Short GI, WLAN Partition and Extra Wireless Protection if you have it. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

The DIR-825 IS a great router if set up correctly.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Side note, just yesterday I dumped all D-Link products. I originally night the DIR-825 and the DAP-1522. I found out quick that when the DAP was on my network it was knocking my stereo receiver offline. So I scrapped it. I was never happy with the wireless range on the 825. I could be within site of the router in the next room and have one wifi bar on the iPhones and 2 bars on the laptops. Yesterday my new Asus RT-AC66U router was delivered and the range is awesome.
I might be offloading the D-link products on the For Sale section here, when I do I will let you guys know.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
wow, Sure that your DLink is set up right? How do we know your HW is at fault? Done any troubleshooting? Ask for help here? My 825 is working great here for me and with out any additional help for range. Seems like this is a configuration/environment issue not HW. Good luck. I know a lot of other 825 users and there routers are working just fine. Good luck.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I actually followed all the threads and recommendations made by you and others here in the forum. I tried multiple setups, configurations and router changes and nothing. After plugging in the Asus my range has been fantastic. I didn't want to have to buy another router but the 825 just wasn't cutting it and with the DAP-1522 knocking my receiver offline it just wasn't a good match.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
Glad you got it working.
Good Luck

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Thanks. Once I find the DAP I will be selling them should anyone want them.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
What HW Rev is the 825 and the DAP?

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to ptrowski

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

Thanks. Once I find the DAP I will be selling them should anyone want them.

I have two DAP-1522's myself, the initial setup was a bear. They have been very stable workhorses for me for quite some time now. I have contemplated upgrading to DAP-1533's the extra stream hopefully would help with regard to them getting brushed against by my cat. The reliance on internal antennae makes positioning/orientation of the DAP-1522 device rather critical. Then again I may just wait out the AC implementations

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to dyoshida

Premium Member

to dyoshida
It would work great, but it had a nasty habit of knocking my Pioneer stereo receiver off the network so streaming Internet radio etc wouldn't work after a time. Did some searching and others had the same issue. Went back to my Wrt54gl running dd-wrt an no issues since.

BimmerE38FN
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to dyoshida

to dyoshida
You the same guy in the Dlink forums with the DAP and Pioneer post? Ya, never heard back from DLink on this. Hard to tell weather it's a Dlink issue or Pioneers. Hard to get them to look and accept any responsibility on fault. Let me know what Rev that DAP is.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

1 edit

PamelaTS to ptrowski

to ptrowski
hmm, because I use Pandora on my smart TV's/BluRays one is an HT system and both TiVo's. I also stream NetFlix and Hulu and the 3D Toshiba TV is connected via it's own builtin 5Ghz wireless.with no issues. My WHS is on the router and I stream saved 3D HD from when I was with DirecTV and thousands of saved movies and series.

Well I say no issues, The one thing is that two HD video streams at a time seems the limit w/o pauses. So I can stream video from one room to another TiVo watch it and one system can dl (archive) a movie or series from a TiVo. Couldn't do that on the 2.4 band even DVR-DVR didn't work well, that band is just too crowded. Over in the dural band world of three apartments I've lived in since upgrading to 5ghz I've never scanned another 5Ghz SSID. So I am contemplating upgrading to either a good N900 router and DAP-1533's or AC. So far the only AC bridges are a second router running in bridge mode, that's just two expensive. Only other way is to go back to wiring the apartment.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to BimmerE38FN

Premium Member

to BimmerE38FN
I am not the original one, but if it's the thread I am thinking of I should be near the end. It's hard to fault Pioneer the receiver works perfectly fine with any other setup. My receiver is hardwired into my router so I wasn't even connecting it to the DAP. But once the DAP was online for 10 plus minutes there was no contacting the receiver anymore.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

said by ptrowski:

I am not the original one, but if it's the thread I am thinking of I should be near the end. It's hard to fault Pioneer the receiver works perfectly fine with any other setup. My receiver is hardwired into my router so I wasn't even connecting it to the DAP. But once the DAP was online for 10 plus minutes there was no contacting the receiver anymore.

Strange

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

It really was odd. The DAP was connected to one computer at the opposite end of the house.