Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless
reply to ptrowski

Re: DIR-825 Wireless Problem

said by ptrowski:

Thanks. Once I find the DAP I will be selling them should anyone want them.

I have two DAP-1522's myself, the initial setup was a bear. They have been very stable workhorses for me for quite some time now. I have contemplated upgrading to DAP-1533's the extra stream hopefully would help with regard to them getting brushed against by my cat. The reliance on internal antennae makes positioning/orientation of the DAP-1522 device rather critical. Then again I may just wait out the AC implementations
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

-- DLink DIR-825 (B1) fw2.07NA / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {2@5ghz bridge mode} / Clear Modem series G

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to dyoshida

It would work great, but it had a nasty habit of knocking my Pioneer stereo receiver off the network so streaming Internet radio etc wouldn't work after a time. Did some searching and others had the same issue. Went back to my Wrt54gl running dd-wrt an no issues since.

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to dyoshida

You the same guy in the Dlink forums with the DAP and Pioneer post? Ya, never heard back from DLink on this. Hard to tell weather it's a Dlink issue or Pioneers. Hard to get them to look and accept any responsibility on fault. Let me know what Rev that DAP is.

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

1 edit
reply to ptrowski

hmm, because I use Pandora on my smart TV's/BluRays one is an HT system and both TiVo's. I also stream NetFlix and Hulu and the 3D Toshiba TV is connected via it's own builtin 5Ghz wireless.with no issues. My WHS is on the router and I stream saved 3D HD from when I was with DirecTV and thousands of saved movies and series.

Well I say no issues, The one thing is that two HD video streams at a time seems the limit w/o pauses. So I can stream video from one room to another TiVo watch it and one system can dl (archive) a movie or series from a TiVo. Couldn't do that on the 2.4 band even DVR-DVR didn't work well, that band is just too crowded. Over in the dural band world of three apartments I've lived in since upgrading to 5ghz I've never scanned another 5Ghz SSID. So I am contemplating upgrading to either a good N900 router and DAP-1533's or AC. So far the only AC bridges are a second router running in bridge mode, that's just two expensive. Only other way is to go back to wiring the apartment.
--
---- Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
---- Albert Einstein

-- DLink DIR-825 (B1) fw2.07NA / DAP-1522 (a1) fw 1.40 {2@5ghz bridge mode} / Clear Modem series G

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
reply to BimmerE38FN

I am not the original one, but if it's the thread I am thinking of I should be near the end. It's hard to fault Pioneer the receiver works perfectly fine with any other setup. My receiver is hardwired into my router so I wasn't even connecting it to the DAP. But once the DAP was online for 10 plus minutes there was no contacting the receiver anymore.

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

said by ptrowski:

I am not the original one, but if it's the thread I am thinking of I should be near the end. It's hard to fault Pioneer the receiver works perfectly fine with any other setup. My receiver is hardwired into my router so I wasn't even connecting it to the DAP. But once the DAP was online for 10 plus minutes there was no contacting the receiver anymore.

Strange
--
---- Albert Einstein

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT

It really was odd. The DAP was connected to one computer at the opposite end of the house.