Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
join:2001-12-05
united state
·Charter

Rungel

Premium Member

[DISH] A question probably asked many times

So i have had Charter internet/phone service now for a month and i like it. I have Dish with HD 250 channels with HBO paying 93.00 a month now. Charter says they can save me 100$ a month.. Is Charters HD signals up with satellite now? Or comparable anyhow?

Pros and Cons anyone?

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

said by Rungel:

So i have had Charter internet/phone service now for a month and i like it. I have Dish with HD 250 channels with HBO paying 93.00 a month now. Charter says they can save me 100$ a month.. Is Charters HD signals up with satellite now? Or comparable anyhow?

Pros and Cons anyone?

Is that savings due to a promotional deal? If so, what will the cost be after the deal expires?

Will the Charter tv linup give you the same programs as Dish?

Will that price give you the same internet speeds they are providing now?

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

Thanks

Yes i will have to ask them these questions. i should have thought of these myself.. i think i'll just stay with Dish.. don't feel like going through the hassle of exchanging and all that.

Six Gun Kid
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Huntsville, AL

Six Gun Kid to Rungel

Premium Member

to Rungel
said by Rungel:Is Charters HD signals up with satellite now? :

No. Dish and DTV use Mpeg4 rather than Mpeg2 which all of the major Cable Companies use at present. Meaning their HD Signal is being compressed heavily losing picture quality. I am suffering through that now switching from DTV to Knology

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state
·Charter

Rungel

Premium Member

said by Six Gun Kid:

said by Rungel:Is Charters HD signals up with satellite now? :

No. Dish and DTV use Mpeg4 rather than Mpeg2 which all of the major Cable Companies use at present. Meaning their HD Signal is being compressed heavily losing picture quality. I am suffering through that now switching from DTV to Knology

I always read they did compress more then Diret or Dish.. I guess they would have to really.
scoosdad
join:2007-04-28
Worcester, MA

scoosdad to Rungel

to Rungel
Check your local Charter lineup carefully to see how many of the channels within the movie packages you'll be buying are in HD.

In my Charter area (central MA), you get one HBO channel in HD, the rest are SD. You get one Showtime channel in HD, the rest are in SD, same for TMC, Cinemax, Starz. I've spoken with them a number of times about that and they say they have no plans to increase the count of HD channels within their movie packages anytime soon.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

Oh wow.. Ya I know what i have now so better just stay with it.