spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lostusername
@radiant.net

lostusername

Anon

a few quick questions about.. Teksavvy west. thanks

Hi, i just wanted some updates if possible.. as 99% of things i see are about qc and on.. and the other 1% is about vancouver.. and i'm sure some people would be interested to know the answers to these questions too: thanks..

1) ... teksavvy cable internet in calgary/edmonton?? any year now?

2) speed matching for telus 16/25 mbit packages?
been waiting for quite a while.. for one of these 2 things and theres no indication at all that its even in the works.. thanks..
lostusername

lostusername

Anon

Hello?
stevo25
join:2008-05-24
Calgary, AB

stevo25 to lostusername

to lostusername
Good questions - I'd like to know as well.

Patiently waiting out west.

Thanks

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to lostusername

Premium Member

to lostusername
I've asked the questions but still waiting for an answer.

fluffy
@teksavvy.com

fluffy

Anon

also is the pricing changing on BC/AB after feb 2012 ??
i guess not based on the lack of information TSI published so far.
atka
join:2011-11-11

atka to lostusername

to lostusername
I'm curious as well. I like the idea of Teksavvy but if the speed remains at 6/1 it is getting kind of slow by todays standards.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to fluffy

Premium Member

to fluffy
Still nothing for AB/BC... When we get something will be letting you folks know.

lostusername
@radiant.net

lostusername

Anon

Thanks, i appreciate it Martin,
any news?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Not that i've heard. I'm home will have something for February.

lostusername
@radiant.net

lostusername to lostusername

Anon

to lostusername
Hey TSI Martin,
Feb anything? throw me a bone here!

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

I think everything is coming out tomorrow. Well hopefully it will...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by JenSuisUn:

I think everything is coming out tomorrow. Well hopefully it will...

C'mon Fairy Godmother, ya mean at the stroke of midnight tonight don'tcha don'tcha?

---- Cinderella.

lostusername
@radiant.net

lostusername to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
Tomorrow is here! and i'm waiting eagerly TSI martin

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

I've been pushing hard to get answers. For the time being, nothing yet for prices, speeds, expensions etc... the only good part that I've heard is that news should be provided within the upcoming weeks. If I understood correctly the next batch of things will include Telus, Shaw, Alliant, Cogeco & QC.

lostusername
@radiant.net

lostusername

Anon

mmm Anything yet? coming weeks have come?
thanks TSI Martin

fluffy
@teksavvy.com

fluffy

Anon

ik like my $36 at 24/2.5...hopefully no increase and no announcements.

lostusername
@telus.net

lostusername

Anon

ok since we're on the subject of being self-centered, i dont give a shit about greater vancouver area.. i only care about alberta, and more specifically calgary, thanks tsi martin

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

So if I understand what was told yesterday, we should be getting some Telus vendor info soon. I think the main issue right now for out west is to first upgrade our hardware before anything else gets done.
Nazzrath7
join:2012-02-17
v4n5z9

Nazzrath7

I just signed up for TSI, and the install tech is coming tomorrow, but my internet is working already with my Motorola modem. I signed up for the 25mbps service, but only seem to be getting about 8-10mbps d/l. Hopefully the hardware upgrades comes sooner than later.
BikeHelmet
join:2010-04-15

BikeHelmet

said by Nazzrath7:

but my internet is working already with my Motorola modem.

Which model?

Some use less channels or something, which lets neighbours have a greater impact on your speeds. I think if you disconnect your modem for 15-30 minutes and reconnect it, sometimes you pick up other channels?

(Never had Cable, but I think I repeated that correctly.)
Nazzrath7
join:2012-02-17
v4n5z9

Nazzrath7

The Tech came by today (actually a Shaw tech) and did some fiddling but didn't affect the speed. Speed actually seems worse now. I'm getting 3-5 mbps (at 8:30pm, high traffict time?) I'm using a Motorola SB5102. Weird thing tho, since I reconnected in 2 days ago the Receive and Send lights are solid and not blinking like they used to. I'll disconnect the modem and see what happens.
spectrum70
join:2011-01-14

spectrum70

Chances are you're on a congested node, and there's nothing any tech can do to help that. The last report from TSI was that the POI here in Vancouver isn't that close to being saturated, so there's nothing to be done there either.

One of the best ways to try and get around some of these congestion issues is to use a docsis 3.0 modem to try and make use of multiple channels to try and alleviate some of the congestion - however until Teksavvy sets up some agreement with Shaw to provide that, we're pretty much s.o.l.

I'm stuck in the same situation, sometimes prime time speeds are decent, and others not so great (»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 1382.png) and I have to contend with random disconnections too.
After my previous back-and-forth with tech support to try and resolve the issue proved fruitless (there's no point in trying to get Shaw out to diagnose something that's almost guaranteed not to happen when their tech is out here) I'm just trying to grin and bear it.

I'm hoping that there's some announcement in the wings with all these recent updates flying around that hopefully will announce more competitive packages with Shaw, and give us access to docsis 3 modems. If not I might have to consider going back to Shaw, at least then I could deal with their tech support dept directly.
alphaz18
join:2005-02-26
CANADA

alphaz18 to lostusername

to lostusername
any news TSI Martin?
throw me a bone here. i found my username by the way.. so i'm not anon lostusername anymore haha.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Still no news on the other provinces. I believe what they said was that upgrades would be required out west before we start offering anything else. Unfortunately I'm not sure when this will happen.
alphaz18
CANADA

alphaz18

so basically what you saying is never.. ok.. got it.. i mean at least in alberta, i know theres a pretty good market, but i guess you guys arent really interested... lots of my clients would jump telus/shaw ship at the first opportunity, but.. not when the only thing avaialble is like 6mbit down.. and like 768kbit up...

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

A sense of sarcasm... I like that
We need to upgrade our Core Routers in Vancouver before we can do anything else. We aren't forgetting out west, we just have to get things in place.
alphaz18
CANADA

alphaz18

out of curiousity though, why is the only pop for you guys in vancouver? is there something stopping you from putting something in calgary or edmonton?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by alphaz18:

out of curiousity though, why is the only pop for you guys in vancouver? is there something stopping you from putting something in calgary or edmonton?

Telus most likely has the same setup as Bell where TekSavvy only needs to connect to a single location to have access to the entire Telus DSL network.
alphaz18
CANADA

alphaz18

i'd tend to agree, except for the fact that teksavvy is offering the telus 25mbit tier to only vancouver and not anywhere else... in the west.. that leads me to believe that its not just one point of aggregation otherwise they'd easily be able to offer 25 in alberta as well..

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by alphaz18:

i'd tend to agree, except for the fact that teksavvy is offering the telus 25mbit tier to only vancouver and not anywhere else... in the west.. that leads me to believe that its not just one point of aggregation otherwise they'd easily be able to offer 25 in alberta as well..

Correct, for cable there are multiple POIs but for DSL I believe that their is only one.