spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HDMI guy

@rr.com

[TV] strange problem in Port Orange

Just got the brand new Cisco 8742HDC DVR....it is much quicker then the old one and works well...but I have a very strange problem that I cannot figure out. Every 7 minutes the unit loses HDMI handshake..the picture goes dark for about three seconds while the unit re handshakes...sounds stays on the entire time, and if you rewind to the part where it went dark you can watch it fine - it is all there. This happens every 7 minutes exactly!!! It happens with both live and recorded content (and on demand) I hate to give up this great DVR, as I know I will not get another one of these, but they will replace it with the older style. I tried switching cables and inputs..even used a known good input and cable and it still happens. My theory is something is doing an auto-check every 7 minutes and knocking me out. Anyone have a suggestion??

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
Howdy... by some chance do you have a googletv unit between your Cisco and TV? Also what make/model television and lastly please PM me your modem MAC and IP address as we need to talk about this a bit.

HDMI guy

@rr.com
no google t.v. on that set..will PM you details.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to HDMI guy
Perfect thank you.

JeffMD

join:2002-08-16
Edgewater, FL
kudos:1
reply to HDMI guy
just a headsup, my parents also just got the cisco and hdmi is also a problem on their 32 inch westinghouse. installer said it was a known issue and to just wait for updates.. meanwhile its using a vga cable.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by JeffMD:

just a headsup, my parents also just got the cisco and hdmi is also a problem on their 32 inch westinghouse. installer said it was a known issue and to just wait for updates.. meanwhile its using a vga cable.

I need you to get with me on this please...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~

HDMI guy

join:2012-01-10
Port Orange, FL
reply to JeffMD
thanks...BHNtech is trying to help me. I cannot go to VGA..already have HDMI run through the walls to a projector...so will have to downgrade boxes if it can't be fixed. There is something going on with the box as it happens every 7 minutes..so the box must be doing something that causes that loss of HDMI synch...just a matter of knowing what routine the box software runs every 7 minutes.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to HDMI guy
Sit tight on this one...you and I will get together tomorrow and wrap this up.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to HDMI guy
HDMI I need you to PM me right away if at all possible.

Jez

@rr.com
I am in the Orlando area and I have a Samsung DVR HD SMT-H3272 with an HD Samsung TV. I have two issue, first - I frequently have no sound as 'something' is changing my Audio Coding Format from 'HDMI' to 'Dolby AC-3' and I then have to reset it. Second, I frequently lose both picture and sound and have to reboot the box to restore it. What is causing these two issues?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Jez :

I am in the Orlando area and I have a Samsung DVR HD SMT-H3272 with an HD Samsung TV. I have two issue, first - I frequently have no sound as 'something' is changing my Audio Coding Format from 'HDMI' to 'Dolby AC-3' and I then have to reset it. Second, I frequently lose both picture and sound and have to reboot the box to restore it. What is causing these two issues?

Can you do me a favor and create a new thread here with your issue so we can work together without impacting this thread...thanks
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Einstein~