uniqs
public
join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA

public to JSJarvis

to JSJarvis

Re: [General] Uninformed UVerse Sales Pitch

said by JSJarvis:

I had quite an interesting and infuriating interaction with some AT&T sales people today.

These are likely commission based contractors desperate to say anything to close a sale.

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999

said by public:

said by JSJarvis:

I had quite an interesting and infuriating interaction with some AT&T sales people today.

These are likely commission based contractors desperate to say anything to close a sale.

Exactly!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by shortyd999:

said by public:

said by JSJarvis:

Exactly!

Or just doing exactly what AT&T expects them to do. As I recently mentioned in another forum on this site, the ability to claim "it wasn't us, it was our evil contractor", is a major reason for outsourcing services.
nlwnola
join:2011-01-19
Metairie, LA

nlwnola

I work for AT&T, we have these guys in our market down here in Louisiana.

The problem is they aren't contractors as we can tell them what to do and expect them to do it. They are set up as Authorized Dealers like on the wireless side. They just get paid commission and do what they feel they need to do to sell. Of course they do listen to customer complaints about them. We had several that were overly aggressive that are no longer allowed to sell U-verse services. You need to contact your local market and let them know what happened. there is someone in your area that is in charge of Door 2 Door. I have reported a few for customers in my area. Its all about who you talk to. The guys give my people a bad name. I'm in a local retail store. Sales isn't about getting someone to sign up, its about getting someone the solution that works best for them and making sure it keeps working and service after the sale. Doesn't do any good to sign you up for a service, you get it and hate it, then you cancel. The money just gets deducted from our next commission, plus good word of mouth is more important that one sale.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by nlwnola:

I work for AT&T, we have these guys in our market down here in Louisiana.

Sales isn't about getting someone to sign up, its about getting someone the solution that works best for them and making sure it keeps working and service after the sale.

you truly are a salesman....

I believe with AT&T, it's not about the solutions, it's the numbers that those "supposed" solutions bring you.

Pls. don't come in here and preach about solutions. I had a very good solution to my problem before and what did AT&T do? Take out that solution without notice and can't give it back to me.

All about who you talk to? Every call to AT&T is a challenge, wherein finding the right person to talk to is the problem.

Local retail stores are no different. The simplest task of changing SIM cards is a gargantuan book of rules to follow sales pitch whatever is what you'll face. I did find one manager who went out of the norm for me and gave me what I wanted, with no hassle. And when the survey came, he was all 5 stars for me.
HazyShades
join:2001-03-26
Miami, FL

HazyShades

"The simplest task of changing SIM cards is a gargantuan book of rules to follow sales pitch whatever is what you'll face."

LOL! Yup. A couple of years back my SIM stopped working with my old RAZR.
I put my wife's SIM in the phone and it worked fine so I called AT&T
"customer service" and the agent approved my getting a new SIM at no cost and sent me to the local AT&T store for it.
It took the sales crew at the store 2 hours of arguing with me
(they kept claiming that my old RAZR was broken - I took my wife's SIM and showed them it wasn't the phone) another half hour b4 they could find somebody in the store that could clone my SIM and another 20 minutes arguing with them because they wanted to charge me for the new SIM...

Even as I walked out, obviously peeved, they were still trying to sell me a new cellphone and Uverse which at the time was still not available at my address.