Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BellFibeFan

join:2011-12-08
Montreal

2 edits

[Eng] Signup recently to Videotron but leaving for Bell TV

How much notice do i have give Videotron considering already paid them until the end of Febuary.

I got deal from Bell TV and decide take it will save about 16$/monthly with 2 recievers 1 hd and one standard def.
My install date is on Jan 13th for Bell TV so will calling them a few days after that date.

Videotron billed me about extra 44$+tx when was told they would waive the fee then pretty much acused me making it up even told them that i had spoke to different people and they told the fee would not apply.
But guess alot csr when the same name at Videotron not big issue will just move on.

Now retention dept try their best to keep me but told did not like being misled and told them i will be finding alternate provider but never went ahead ask to cancel yet.

SHY
0x27
Premium
join:2010-06-21
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
Videotron does not require advance notice to leave anymore. All you have to do is switch and tell Videotron the date you want your services to be cancelled. They should refund any monies owing to you after that.
--
cogito ergo manduc

BellFibeFan

Montreal

Grumpy2906

join:2009-06-24
Montreal, QC
reply to SHY
I called videotron on the 14th of december to cancel my illico tv (I'm with business).

The guy told me I had to give 30 days notice (was not under contract) !!!

It's gonna be Over The Air channel for me starting on the 14th on january (I download almost all of my tv shows) !!

BellFibeFan

Montreal
I was asked when wanted to cancel and that was it.

SHY
0x27
Premium
join:2010-06-21
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
reply to Grumpy2906
said by Grumpy2906:

I called videotron on the 14th of december to cancel my illico tv (I'm with business).

The guy told me I had to give 30 days notice (was not under contract) !!!

It's gonna be Over The Air channel for me starting on the 14th on january (I download almost all of my tv shows) !!

Whoever told you that is full of shit. You don't want the service, you cancel it...point final as they say. There is no 30 day notice necessary.
--
cogito ergo manduc

En Enfer
This account has been compromised

join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC
kudos:4

1 recommendation

said by SHY:

said by Grumpy2906:

Whoever told you that is full of shit. You don't want the service, you cancel it...point final as they say. There is no 30 day notice necessary.

He said he's business, not residential. Rules and pricing are different.
--
Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

Fernboy61

join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC
They are trying. when I cancelled the guy in India told me I had to pay for the rebate they gave me and so on...I asked to be transfered to someone from Quebec that was speaking the same language as me. He tried to argue that he was speaking French but that wasn't the point.

I finally spoke with a guy that told me I could cancel, I wasn't under contract and I didn't pay anything.

Fardoche

join:2010-09-08
kudos:1
It's weird that a guy calling himself BellFibeFan signs up with Videotron and not Bell.

BellFibeFan

Montreal
What's so strange i cannot like Fibe internet but yet signup for videotron.

Did not know my username selection would limit what providers i could choose from Fardoche.

Fardoche

join:2010-09-08
kudos:1
With a nick like yours who would have thought you'd signup with Videotron. If my nick was InLoveWithBell, people would think I would signup with Bell.

BellFibeFan

Montreal
i am fan of their fibe internet and that's where it ends.Only with Bell TV now because i get more with them for same price.

TigerLord
For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
said by BellFibeFan:

i am fan of their fibe internet and that's where it ends.Only with Bell TV now because i get more with them for same price.

Fardoche is a troll. Ignore him.