All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

New Game Help

Hello, I have a PS3 and would like to know what the best single player FPS would be. I have MW3 and it didn't take very long to beat it at all. I don't really like playing multiplayer, I'm more into tasks, campaigns and what not. Is the new golden eye any good? Could I get some input on good campaign games, maybe say, more then about 10 levels that MW3 had. Any input would be appreciated. I don't care if they older games either. Thanks!
cubs4eva
Premium Member
join:2004-04-29
Aurora, IL

cubs4eva

Premium Member

Most of the new FPS have pretty short single player. Just pick one that's interesting to you and trade in the games when you're done playing.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
Check out the Resistance series, they're pretty good single player stories. Bulletstorm is over the top fun. Portal 2 is more of a first person puzzle game but it's great.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

Check out the Resistance series, they're pretty good single player stories. Bulletstorm is over the top fun. Portal 2 is more of a first person puzzle game but it's great.

I will second all of those and throw in Killzone 2 & 3.

Are you strictly only looking for FPS? The Uncharted series is awesome, though, it is a third-person shooter. Another third-person shooter series is Ratchet & Clank, which is also great.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Yeah PS3 has a lot of great first party third person games. I'd also throw in the Infamous games if OP doesn't know about those. How could I forget about Killzone?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
I enjoyed Mass effect 2.
Bulletstorm is ok.
Killzone 3 was fun.
Red Faction was good.

pro7070
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Premium Member
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC

pro7070 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
Borderlands
xQim
join:2003-09-20

xQim

Not just FPS, I'll try any game that has a good campaign mode or single player mode that takes longer then a day. I have fun with fps but don't really like online play because I suck and I can't stand spawn killing and people who've played forever so I don't even have time to move before I die. Just not fun. I'd play other games like command and conquer and I have GT5 but am disappointed in the game. For instance: I payed 1,000,000 for a car and it was junk so I wanted to sell it and you can't? Rally mode is terrible and GT4 is just plain better. I like FPS, RTS, Racing, can't think of anymore but willing to look into any game that is enjoyable. Thanks for all the input and idea of trading the game in.

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
Battlefield 3?

Reno7
Premium Member
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

Reno7 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim

You know Resistance 1 (maybe even #2 by now) is a cheap $10-20 classic game.

Also, I'd highly recommend Dark Souls (if you're temper threshold is high and don't mind not being spoon fed everything).

Infamous 1 & 2 were awesome and as fun as shooters.

Red Dead Redemption was an amazing game I would never miss - open world (sandbox) old west game. (and lol - Sheldon was playing it on the Big Bang Theory last night).

The first two Ratchet & Clank PS3's I think are cheap classic pack games now. Those are amazing OTS shooters that have really good long play times.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to xQim

to xQim
Not sure what else you already played, but Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas will give you lots of FPS activity and with a pretty strong story-driven experience. They say 50+ hours of gaming easy if you go for a mess of the side missions. Wolfenstein was another fun FPS.

For racing I got a kick out of Wipeout HD. It's more futuristic with anti-gravity racers than wheels, but it looks beautiful and it's fast paced. Hope this helps.

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn to Reno7

Premium Member

to Reno7
said by Reno7:

You know Resistance 1 (maybe even #2 by now) is a cheap $10-20 classic game.

Also, I'd highly recommend Dark Souls (if you're temper threshold is high and don't mind not being spoon fed everything).

Infamous 1 & 2 were awesome and as fun as shooters.

Red Dead Redemption was an amazing game I would never miss - open world (sandbox) old west game. (and lol - Sheldon was playing it on the Big Bang Theory last night).

The first two Ratchet & Clank PS3's I think are cheap classic pack games now. Those are amazing OTS shooters that have really good long play times.

OP needs to play Resistance 1 for sure.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
Syndicate comes out tomorrow, so we will have to see what the people say about the campaign. However, the game has co-op for up to four players that is quite fun and unique.
LucasLee
join:2010-11-26

LucasLee to pro7070

to pro7070
i'll second the suggestion for Borderlands. it's best experienced with some friends in co-op when you're all similar level characters. but if you like "tasks" in your fps, then it's a solid suggestion. it's essentially Diablo in an FPS form-factor.

i'd steer clear of Battlefield 3, since the best portion of that game is the multiplayer.

Mass Effect 2 is a good suggestion too.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
If they still make them I really like the Splinter cell games. I'll also second the resistance games that TheBionic See Profile suggested.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

SC: Conviction came out in 2010 and streamlined the series in to having more shooting and less stealth, though, the new stealth mechanic is quite neat.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to chadrob30

Premium Member

to chadrob30
Better for online play

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to xQim

Premium Member

to xQim
Borderlands is not a bad choice, because you can just as easily play it singleplayer as you could co-op. In my case, there were only two sections I could not do on my own there:
- *expletive* moxxi's underdome DLC. The skill bonuses would be useful, but the ridiculous length and work required to put in to finish this stuff takes a lot of concerted effort even for a well-equipped group, much less someone on their own. Because basically if all the players die (or if you're solo and die), you have to start ALL. Over. Again. F*ck that!
- Crawmerax. I know that I've seen some people that claim they could do it easy, but even after I replayed after beating it with friends I still find him impossible to do on my own. It might be partially because I play as Roland in there, but those freaking enemies in there kill my turret and me before I could even get close to that "glitch spot" that people talk about being able to easily beat this boss from.

Other than that, everything was doable.

CoD4 still has the best campaign of the Modern Warfare series.

Portal 2 is more of a first-person puzzle, as TheBionic See Profile said, but it's easily a solid game and worth getting anyway. Getting it on ps3 earns you a code for a free copy on Steam, and the DLC is free there too.

I'd also say Saint's Row the Third, and Sonic Generations.