how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dorosz

join:2003-06-28
Cumming, GA
reply to NetFixer

Re: Vonage made me an offer (I can't refuse)

said by NetFixer:

Why do I say this? At the first of this month the $9.99 per month 200 minute plan that I had was changed to an $11.99 per month 300 minute plan without my permission. This was the second time they did that (and the first time I was promised that it would not happen again). I got the plan changed back again (and got another promise), but do you think that I really believe that promise will be honored? This last time is Vonage's last chance to keep me as a customer. If they make unauthorized changes to my account again, I will simply port my last Vonage phone number to another untrustworthy corporation (which they all are).

well all I can say is I don't have a contract with Vonage so if they decide they are no longer offering the $9.99 plan then so be it - I equally don't have a contract with Dish Network and if they too decide to raise their prices I guess there isn't anything I can do...I also don't have a contract with the local Publix or Costco so there too I wont be upset if the prices on items change...my point? Enjoy the discount while we can....but while they were upfront that this wasn't a limited time offer I'm certain in their TOS they do have the right to adjust pricing (afterall they aren't a charity - they have to make a profit)

vonage10

@verizon.net

I had the "lite" plan now for over a year and recently had to change to the 750 plan as the overages were exceeding the cost of moving to the higher plan. After reading about the $9.99 unlimited plan here I called vonage and within 5 minutes I was switched to the $9.99 unlimited plan and was told that the plan is non-promotional (meaning it does not expire - no need to have to call back and ask for it again later). All I did was call the retentions line and simply ask to be switched to the $9.99 unlimited plan. All they asked was if I made international calls and notified me that this plan does not include international calling. I even got a bill credit for the current month.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to dorosz

said by dorosz:

said by NetFixer:

Why do I say this? At the first of this month the $9.99 per month 200 minute plan that I had was changed to an $11.99 per month 300 minute plan without my permission. This was the second time they did that (and the first time I was promised that it would not happen again). I got the plan changed back again (and got another promise), but do you think that I really believe that promise will be honored? This last time is Vonage's last chance to keep me as a customer. If they make unauthorized changes to my account again, I will simply port my last Vonage phone number to another untrustworthy corporation (which they all are).

well all I can say is I don't have a contract with Vonage so if they decide they are no longer offering the $9.99 plan then so be it - I equally don't have a contract with Dish Network and if they too decide to raise their prices I guess there isn't anything I can do...I also don't have a contract with the local Publix or Costco so there too I wont be upset if the prices on items change...my point? Enjoy the discount while we can....but while they were upfront that this wasn't a limited time offer I'm certain in their TOS they do have the right to adjust pricing (afterall they aren't a charity - they have to make a profit)

Except in the case I mentioned, Vonage didn't just raise the price, they changed me to a different dialing plan. That is not the same thing as a semi-annual price hike. The plan that I was on was still available, and I was changed back to it. Vonage just thought that since all of their plans are "auto-pay", that I would not notice the price increase for a few extra outbound minutes that I did not need and would not use. There is a very big difference between screwing a customer while pretending that you are providing an extra benefit, and simply raising the price for the same service.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

bruinator

join:2009-01-23

thx guys for hooking me up with this deal. $9.99 for life. Cool. Nice deal.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to qworster

Click for full size
My first full month on this plan with no credits or anything. Still cheaper than I was but, sheesh, not even close to $9.99!

That is not a complaint, just showing what the total cost is.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

efrem

join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT
reply to qworster

I've been with Vonage for 4 years and in general have been pleased.

First, the good news:
After one full hour on the phone with them, they finally agreed to replace my device/portal free, because one of the ethernet ports was failing. At first they wanted to charge me full price plus shipping for a total of $95.65.

Now the not so good news:
I asked to be given the $9.99 unlimited rate, and was told that it's no longer available. They said the best they could do was $14.99 and that it's promotional and would expire in 12 months.

I told them thanks and I'll take it for now but probably will call them back soon to port out to VOIPo.

montysimmons

join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC

NO, that "promotion" is not over. They said the same to me.

Just call back and tell them you wish to cancel so that you get the "retention department."

Tell them you want the 9.99/month unlimited US and Canada calling plan, (for life, not just a year), or you are going to cancel. They will give you the plan on the spot, no charges and it should take effect on the spot.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

said by montysimmons:

NO, that "promotion" is not over. They said the same to me.

Just call back and tell them you wish to cancel so that you get the "retention department."

Tell them you want the 9.99/month unlimited US and Canada calling plan, (for life, not just a year), or you are going to cancel. They will give you the plan on the spot, no charges and it should take effect on the spot.

I got BOTH my lines set to the 9.99 for life plan when I called to cancell the second line - didnt even have to ask
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

efrem

join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT
reply to montysimmons

Thanks for the replies which confirm what I suspected..

At the moment I think I'll wait until the replacement V-Portal arrives, before I call back and insist on the cheaper rate. Will report back with findings.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Seems like a couple of the stipulations to get on this plan were to have been a customer for at least a year and NOT make/made any international calls.

They didn't SPECIFICALLY say that when I called, but mentioned both facts twice!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

seahorse12

join:2012-04-08
reply to qworster

why you have the option to refuse it

montysimmons

join:2003-10-16
Easley, SC
reply to qworster

I have the 9.99 unlimited plan for two lines and a 4.99 line which comes to $24.97; however, the total bill is $42.72 which represents over 71.1% in fees.

Is this normal?

treichhart

join:2006-12-12
reply to qworster

you should crossed out your number now everybody knows your number.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to montysimmons

said by montysimmons:

I have the 9.99 unlimited plan for two lines and a 4.99 line which comes to $24.97; however, the total bill is $42.72 which represents over 71.1% in fees.

Is this normal?

this thread has been tried before - a troll???

»Vonage charges 71.1% in additional fees
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

sssscary

join:2007-10-23
Brockville, ON
reply to qworster

What is the best plan available to a Vonage Canada customer? I assume we can't get the $9.99 plan

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

said by montysimmons:

Is this normal?

this thread has been tried before - a troll???

»Vonage charges 71.1% in additional fees

He probably just forgot and/or didn't read all the responses in the other thread.

LtnKreationz

join:2009-11-11
Mesa, AZ
reply to qworster

I too was offered the $9.99 for life plan when I spoke to rententions. I was previously on the $12.50 plan. I didn't have to ask for it. I've been with Vonage since 2006.

p110011

join:2001-12-29
Oregon City, OR
reply to qworster

Been on the 9.99/100min for over 3 years. Saw this thread and called the other night, now I'm on the 9.99/unlimited plan for life! Thanks all!