spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TheDoctorWho
@knology.net

TheDoctorWho

Anon

Panama City - Bad Internet Connection

I am having some problems, called up Knology they said that nothing was wrong on their end..

This was my speed test from a few moments ago!

So I have ran it again just to make sure that I was not seeing things.

Now the only thing between me and the internet is my router which I use for Wifi and I checked without the router and still got slow speeds.

I used to get great speeds, but now it has turned to crap. Is it because I live in an apartment building?

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

I'm in the Cedar Grove area...

Do you just move to the apt? Otherwise it should not go downhill that fast. You say you tried it without the router. Have you rebooted the PC and tried? It's possible something is failing out on the street. You may have to have them send a tech out to signal test at your drop.
TheDoctorWho7
join:2012-02-11

TheDoctorWho7

I just moved in to the apartment.

I have gotten better speeds since that night, but I still sometimes come to a complete stop. All the cable lines are new as the place was just remodeled. So I am not sure where the mess up is, maybe someone in my building likes to download a lot of things.

I have tried it without my router and I have rebooted the main PC and my laptop. It was of no use, I even brought in another router to check to see if I was the problem.

I have called, they have told me that it is my problem not theirs. They won't even come out and fix the huge hole in my nephews closet that has all the cable lines sticking out of it, their tech was meant to cover up the lines but he forgot. If they come out to do that they'll charge me yet again to send out someone to fix it. (That is a whole different matter with this company.)

I don't know, if and when I do move I won't get Knology. I had no idea that the Internet was this spotty.

BiGdUsTy
join:2005-10-20
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to TheDoctorWho

to TheDoctorWho

I've been mostly issue free with Knology as of late short of a few nuked boxes. That's because they don't do enough testing on the dncs updates in the lab before pushing them to the boxes.

Hell a few weeks back they rebuilt all the infrastructure on my street.
They installed all new line on the pole from one end to the other and new amplifiers. That majorly cleaned up analog and fixed all the audio drop out's on HD channels.

My only standing issue is why they refuse to add more HD in this market when they have it in others.

deface
join:2012-02-29
Panama City, FL

2 edits

deface

Yeah as of right now. I feel like I'm being metered. I'm consistantly at 20+mb/sec dn and 5+mb/sec up. For 2 days now been hovering at 2.5mb dn / .5mb up. Something is super weird.

I'm pretty pissed. I've had on and off trouble with knology since I started. As soon as comcast offers the 100mbit line here, I'm gone.
deface

deface

Amazing for a 25/5 package. HEH, and before yall ask. I am a Unix Systems Admin. Everything has been checked. I even tested the line outside for db levels.
deface

deface

I've sent an email to tech support this morning. Since I am going on 4 days of the sludge. I work from home so this is totally unacceptable. I will report back with findings as I receive them.

Knology's Own Speed test as of 7:40 AM.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

I've rarely received help via email. Never from the .net site, sometimes from the .com site.

Print out this thread and send it to the local office. Put a letter stating how long it has been going on and that you're unhappy currently. Make sure the speed tests show up.

I've done this 2-3 times in the past when I had net & TV issues and they always responded (called) right away. On a TV issue they even had an engineer from West Point, GA. call and work it thru including pushing beta firmware to my SA box.

(The opposite is true with Comcast, IMHO. I've never had them fix something unless it was obviously broken. I'll never use Comcast - unless my life depended on it!)

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to TheDoctorWho

to TheDoctorWho
Looking good on the beach. Is it that slow all hours of the day or just at night?

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

Jon Doe0

Click for full size
they have the infrastructure to do it right. You just have to keep letting them Know you have an issue. It worked for Dusty, He complained until they rebuilt the hole damn street and he lives on a LONG street!!!!

I also live on the beach and speed never let me down and I pay for it too!!!

I just ran this one!!

BiGdUsTy
Panama City Beach, FL

BiGdUsTy to TheDoctorWho

to TheDoctorWho
I'm a much quieter customer after the rebuild. LOL

That may change when WOW takes over.

Jon Doe0
join:2009-07-11

Jon Doe0

I can tell you I heard from a little birdie they are going Simulcast here in PC around the end of the year. They are waiting on their super headend to be finished. By Spring of next year they should be all digital.

Now WOW has to get off their butts and and build a super headend to make it redundant.

Dusty I think you may be surprised, the days of the fat rich knology corporate man are going to the way side. WOW dosen't have that type of philosophy. Its time someone puts money into something other then Roger Johnson bank account. He should have plenty now with all the Millions of shares he just cashed in.

I bet Pinellas is where that put a lot of time and effort, WOW is use to running Large Systems like Pinellas and they will want to get them up to speed as quickly as they can. Talk about getting left behind Knology treats them like redheaded step children!!!