nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain

Re: [PvP] I know it's Arena but......

I feel like I missed out on this thread, damn you work.

I don't expect people to support our decision to play Shadowcleave.

If people "liked" the idea, then it wouldn't be fun.

Immer said it best, we are intentionally "griefing" players and enjoying it.

However, comparing it to ninjalooting etc is laughable. We aren't being greedy or selfish.

Despite what you may be envisioning, hiding for an entire arena match and stealing Shadowsights takes a large amount of skill and patience.

Teams often get free points from us, granted it takes them about 30 minutes but it's not every game that we can stale it for 45+ minutes without getting caught with a bleed etc.

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious

said by Snuffbox:

However, comparing it to ninjalooting etc is laughable. We aren't being greedy or selfish.

This sentence made up my mind on a number of questions, but likely not in the manner intended.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

so it's not like ninja looting...not selfish....hmmmm.

So wasting other people's time, taking points they may have won and causing an unpleasant feel for an already problematic arena system is not being selfish?

I guess queueing as a tank when clearly dps geared and specced or a feral druid/shadowpriest queueing as heals is ok too because Im having fun and I think its fun to grief LFD players....I mean Im not hurting anyone amirite?

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick

I kinda have to go with Skittles on this one. Although he failed to mention deadbeats in BGs and LFR.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Skittles

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

I guess queueing as a tank when clearly dps geared and specced or a feral druid/shadowpriest queueing as heals is ok too because Im having fun and I think its fun to grief LFD players....I mean Im not hurting anyone amirite?

Well, to be fair, you can kick that asshat from your LFD group...you can't kick Snuff and his Shadowcleave team from arenas.

And honestly, if you run into a team like this you can easily leave the match...it's not like losing the 15-20 points of MMR will cause you to have an aneurysm.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

...you can't kick Snuff and his Shadowcleave team from arenas.

And honestly, if you run into a team like this you can easily leave the match...it's not like losing the 15-20 points of MMR will cause you to have an aneurysm.

No, you're right I dont think it will cause anyone to have an aneurysm or any other fatal event, but the point being is that he is robbing people of time, possibly points (mind you, you are right not that many points) and all this grief is in the name of fun....

so if this is ok, and its ok to have fun at another's expense then his statement is not valid that it is not the same as ninja looting , that is its not selfish or greedy....because it is exactly that.

Shadowcleave to grief costs another player(s) something, no matter if you think it is valid or not, to them it is. People that grief in game are just bullying over the internet because they can...doesnt make it right and it sure as hell is selfish and greedy.

Spork35
join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

Spork35 to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

I feel like I missed out on this thread, damn you work.

I don't expect people to support our decision to play Shadowcleave.

Despite what you may be envisioning, hiding for an entire arena match and stealing Shadowsights takes a large amount of skill and patience.

Teams often get free points from us, granted it takes them about 30 minutes but it's not every game that we can stale it for 45+ minutes without getting caught with a bleed etc.

Why can't we get a team like this when we arena. Life would be so much easier then those who actually trying to win and drag it out for 30 minutes.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

If you are going to quote me, you should probably relay my ardent disapproval of this mentality. I hate PvP... but I hate greifing (in all forms) more.

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Ok for one it's not the nicest thing to do to people in arenas... I'll go ahead and get that out. But I will have to give him props for actually staying stealth in an arena for the 45+ minutes. Anyone with any arena XP knows to camp the shadow sight when this is happening. With all the AoEs every toon has, it's pretty simple to bust the stealthy's asses. There are also timers on the shadow sight buffs... just AoE around the damn thing before a rogue can ninja it. And you know if you are a steathly and you pick up the shadow sight, BAM, you get knocked outa stealth and have to go back in.

So yeah it may be a shitty thing to do in arenas, but so is playing the two most OP classes at the time just to blow through every team. Hrm DK pally faceroll on keyboard and win! Two stealthies taking shadow sight and either A) hoping the other team leaves, or B) waiting for perfect time to split them apart and nuke one down is a strat just like rolling face across keyboard DK/Pally team.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Snuffbox:

If you are going to quote me, you should probably relay my ardent disapproval of this mentality. I hate PvP... but I hate greifing (in all forms) more.

Yes, sorry. I was not trying to indicate that you approve of Shadowcleave.

By the way, for all of the non-supporters. I'm having a LAN on Feb 18th, we already have plans to run Shadowcleave in 3's - to avoid QQ, don't que on the 18th...
Snuffbox

Snuffbox to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
said by Bodybagger:

Ok for one it's not the nicest thing to do to people in arenas...

Agreed.
said by Bodybagger:

But I will have to give him props for actually staying stealth in an arena for the 45+ minutes.

Thank you sir. It's not easy. We tried running it with a feral, but the lack of a vanish is really game breaking. He's grinding out the last few levels of his rogue right now with ZERO intention of playing the rogue outside of Shadowcleave.
said by Bodybagger:

So yeah it may be a shitty thing to do in arenas, but so is playing the two most OP classes at the time just to blow through every team.

This is largely what got us started playing it, it proved to be very rewarding, so we continued

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger

Premium Member

Rawr the 18th is my b-day and I'm gonna be steam rolling in arenas.. better hope we don't find you =p

lol but srsly... I think I would rather go against the stealth combo than having a CC'n ass fire mage and resto shammy combo that wouldn't stop playing grab ass around the boxes in Dalaran Sewers for over 20 minutes. We finally beat the team but gd I was shittin! The fire mage wouldn't do any damage the entire time but that mofo was a CC'n machine! We went against them before with dpriest/rogue and I had enough after 22 minutes that I just left. Got them again on Dpriest/Lock and was about to leave after 10 minutes but got the shammy down to 1/8 life so I knew we could beat them eventually.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Aaah, the 20th is my bday hence the LAN. Happy birthday.

Immer - I'm not trying to argue with you.

I view it as a game - I'm enjoying it, and I'm not "sinning" for lack of a better word against them.

I would not feel wronged if someone did it to me, I would smirk and do my best to find them (and would probably succeed).