spc
uniqs
eradicator00
join:2012-01-11
Saskatoon, SK

eradicator00 to Cornat

to Cornat

Re: [SK] Broadband 50 Slow upload

I have shaw tv and shaw phone as well as the internet. The line comes in the basement then goes to a 4 way splitter that shaw put in. Yesterday I unplugged the splitter and put the modem directly on the line coming in and there was no change in speeds.

Just did another speedtest and got 32mbps down and 1.38mbps up. Last night at 9pm I managed to get 42mbps down and 1.6mbps up. I'm beginning to think it's congestion and not much can be done about it.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

Even if it is congestion, you are paying for a service and it is your right to complain until they alleviate that congestion.

Lakebottom
Future Fishermen are Friendly
join:2006-10-28
Sylvan Lake, AB

Lakebottom to eradicator00

to eradicator00
You are getting better service than we were getting. We get around 28 MBs down. I don't remember the upload. I was testing last summer in July, so it may have changed since I last tested.

Which router make and model are you using? Do you know if your firmware is up to date? Which version of firmware are you using?
eradicator00
join:2012-01-11
Saskatoon, SK

eradicator00

Router is a Ubuntu server. Dual 3.6ghz xeon with 16GB DDR2 w/ ECC. Also has dual gigabit nics. Wiring is all cat6 through out the house. Switch is a 24 port managed dell switch.

Lakebottom
Future Fishermen are Friendly
join:2006-10-28
Sylvan Lake, AB

Lakebottom

It sounds like the house is networked to a very high level. If you do call the Shaw tech, just go to the pedastal and look at your termination and have him re terminate the end of the cable and also remove a video filter if there is one in place. If the cable is overhead, you'll just have to take his word that the video filter is removed. Grounding the termination block to the electrical panel or the ground rod would also be a good decision to make sure noise suppression is at its best.

I am on vacation in Radium and I just discovered a RJ 45 network connection in the condo. Here is the result:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3542.png

Good luck