reply to cyrisneo

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to etaadmin
Yeah! I think this is the first post on the RR forum with a mention of this model. There are some on the Comcast forum. Unaware that TWC were giving out Arris D3 MTA's. I have been playing with the UBEE version recently.

Hob

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
Yes

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to cyrisneo
Comcast uses that modem except that it is in a custom made housing and has the xfinity branding. Which market is this in as most Time Warner markets are not D3 yet. I'd love to have D3 in southern Maine. I had to beg them to give me a different modem other than the Cisco DPC2203 and I finally got a brand new Ubee (D2 EMTA) and it had a battery in the package which is a plus because my Grandma is going to be 80 in March and reliable phone service is a necessity with people her age.
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to cyrisneo
Never heard of that one either just like the others (for RR). Only D3 eMTA I know of is the UBEE one I got on my desk right now.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to IowaCowboy
"Which market is this in as most Time Warner markets are not D3 yet."

Most markets actually are.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to cyrisneo
Those modems are new as of like 2 weeks ago for the northern Texas area and info is minimal.
if you goto the OEMs web site there is some documentation that could help you out.
»www.arrisi.com/support/guides/_d···I_UG.pdf

One unique thing about the modem is the master admin password changes daily on these modems.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
I bet they are usin them because they think the ubee one has too many problems but I have had none with this one.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to TWCdude
said by TWCdude:

Those modems are new as of like 2 weeks ago for the northern Texas area and info is minimal.
if you goto the OEMs web site there is some documentation that could help you out.
»www.arrisi.com/support/guides/_d···I_UG.pdf

One unique thing about the modem is the master admin password changes daily on these modems.

are they still deploying the SBG6580 in North Texas for internet/ and or internet/TV only Extreme and Wideband 50 customers?

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
At this point the tech are giving out what ever is in stock. The 6580's are still being given out.

DelmarPip
Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX
is the ARRIS tg852g better and faster then the ubee ?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by DelmarPip:

is the ARRIS tg852g better and faster then the ubee ?

Did you read the thread?

cableman13

join:2012-02-17
reply to cyrisneo
Here is the set up guide
www.arrisi.com/support/guides/

ren15
My Eyes Ze Goggles Do Nothing

join:2002-01-15
Kempner, TX

1 recommendation

reply to cyrisneo
I just recently had mine swapped out for this exact same modem, so far it's been working pretty good, seems to have less jitter than my old 6580 and it maxes out all the speed tests I've thrown at it.

As far as bridge mode, go to 192.168.0.1 and enter admin: admin password: password go to LAN Setup and under the NAT section select Bridged and go to the Firewall tab and un-check Enable Firewall and then the Wireless Setup tab and un-check Enable Wireless and you should have it down to just a functioning modem.

tek860anon

@rr.com
Anyone know what the password list is for the password of the day to access advanced settings?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by tek860anon :

Anyone know what the password list is for the password of the day to access advanced settings?

Yes xCFGTY67Po
Oh that was yesterdays!

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12
reply to tek860anon
said by tek860anon :

While it's for a different model, you try the older password of the day generator?

/M