Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

Technologically retarded lawmakers!

Lamar Smith and Patric Leahy appear to be technologically challenged. I would compare them to a technologically deficient legislator that attempted to pass a technologically inept law in Alabama in 1998.

From NMSR.org at this website:

»www.nmsr.org/alabama.htm

"HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- NASA engineers and mathematicians in this high-tech city are stunned and infuriated after the Alabama state legislature narrowly passed a law yesterday [March 30, 1998] redefining pi, a mathematical constant used in the aerospace industry. The bill to change the value of pi to exactly three was introduced without fanfare by Leonard Lee Lawson (R, Crossville), and rapidly gained support after a letter-writing campaign by members of the Solomon Society, a traditional values group. Governor Guy Hunt says he will sign it into law on Wednesday."

Those assuming that most lawmakers are capable of creating effective laws that require technical expertise are derranged. Lamar Smith and Patric Leahy are behaving like the ignoramus and member of the Alabama State Legislature that decided the value of Pi was to difficult to memorize. The obvious solution was to pass a law to change the value of Pi to 3.

I am sure that the parties interested in getting the legislation passed provided each of them with a bill and a check. Weird isn't it, normally you receive a bill and send a check.

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO
said by Mr Matt:

Lamar Smith and Patric Leahy appear to be technologically challenged. I would compare them to a technologically deficient legislator that attempted to pass a technologically inept law in Alabama in 1998.

From NMSR.org at this website:

»www.nmsr.org/alabama.htm

"HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- NASA engineers and mathematicians in this high-tech city are stunned and infuriated after the Alabama state legislature narrowly passed a law yesterday [March 30, 1998] redefining pi, a mathematical constant used in the aerospace industry. The bill to change the value of pi to exactly three was introduced without fanfare by Leonard Lee Lawson (R, Crossville), and rapidly gained support after a letter-writing campaign by members of the Solomon Society, a traditional values group. Governor Guy Hunt says he will sign it into law on Wednesday."

Those assuming that most lawmakers are capable of creating effective laws that require technical expertise are derranged. Lamar Smith and Patric Leahy are behaving like the ignoramus and member of the Alabama State Legislature that decided the value of Pi was to difficult to memorize. The obvious solution was to pass a law to change the value of Pi to 3.

I am sure that the parties interested in getting the legislation passed provided each of them with a bill and a check. Weird isn't it, normally you receive a bill and send a check.

"First Posted on Talk.Origins Newsgroup, April 1, 1998;"
hint hint i dont think they are THAT dumb

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to Mr Matt
said by Mr Matt:

I read it on the intertubes, so it must be true?

Hardly: »www.snopes.com/religion/pi.asp

(You owe me a new irony meter. You just busted mine.)