spc
uniqs
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven

Re: Smith is an idiot..

This all reminds me of a cartoon I saw on TV many years ago. It revolved around the design of an airplane. The engineer created a very nice design, which he then sent to his boss. His boss, who apparently knew nothing about airplanes, sent it back with some changes. The engineer then had no choice but to incorporate them into his new design, which he then sent to his boss, who made even more changes. This went back and forth several times, with the design getting more ridiculous and unworkable each time. Finally, the prototype was built, and it looked remarkably like the boss, with outstretched arms for wings. Naturally, it crashed on its maiden flight.

This is exactly like that, just without the humor. It's like some idiot bringing his perfectly-running car to a mechanic, telling the mechanic the car is not working correctly, but instead of taking the mechanic's advice, the moron then announces that he--even though he admits to knowing nothing about cars--is going to make some basic design changes, against the mechanic's advice, but he still expects it to work as it always has. But if it doesn't work, well, we'll worry about that later, if at all.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by ISurfTooMuch:

This all reminds me of a cartoon I saw on TV many years ago. It revolved around the design of an airplane. The engineer created a very nice design, which he then sent to his boss. His boss, who apparently knew nothing about airplanes, sent it back with some changes. The engineer then had no choice but to incorporate them into his new design, which he then sent to his boss, who made even more changes. This went back and forth several times, with the design getting more ridiculous and unworkable each time. Finally, the prototype was built, and it looked remarkably like the boss, with outstretched arms for wings. Naturally, it crashed on its maiden flight.

This is exactly like that, just without the humor. It's like some idiot bringing his perfectly-running car to a mechanic, telling the mechanic the car is not working correctly, but instead of taking the mechanic's advice, the moron then announces that he--even though he admits to knowing nothing about cars--is going to make some basic design changes, against the mechanic's advice, but he still expects it to work as it always has. But if it doesn't work, well, we'll worry about that later, if at all.

Find a copy of Pentagon Wars. I believe it's available via streaming on Netflix. It plays out exactly like your story, except for the artistically licensed real life development of the Bradly Fighting Vehicle. The movie's based on the more accurate book by the same name.