kudos:101

I got a $1

subject says it all.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
David the American dollar is only worth 2 cents now because of the Federal Reserve and it not be backed by Gold anymore, so you're offering 2 cents to buy my company?!?! Oh noes!11!1!1

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
said by mmay149q:

David the American dollar is only worth 2 cents now because of the Federal Reserve and it not be backed by Gold anymore, so you're offering 2 cents to buy my company?!?! Oh noes!11!1!1

Matt

well you know.... I did technically offer "penny for your thoughts!"

LOL
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
reply to David
i offer $3.

kapil
The Kapil

join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL
reply to mmay149q
There is plenty wrong with the U.S. Dollar...not being backed by gold is not one of those things. Fucking Ron Paul and his idiotic supporters who don't get basic economic theory. SMH!
--
»www.kapilville.com

Got3

@sbcglobal.net
reply to David
I'll offer $3

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
reply to David
Fine I will raise to $3.01 (because mmay149q would want the penny for his thoughts)!

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH
lol.

500 Rupee (the Indian currency)

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to kapil
said by kapil:

There is plenty wrong with the U.S. Dollar...not being backed by gold is not one of those things. Fucking Ron Paul and his idiotic supporters who don't get basic economic theory. SMH!

Really? What is not known? I'm just curious because you've got all of human history against you when it comes to Gold and Silver being the standard for money.

Matt
--
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to David
said by David:

Fine I will raise to $3.01 (because mmay149q would want the penny for his thoughts)!

Well due to inflation you need to raise it to $3.50 so it would actually be equal to 1 penny and I will gladly take your penny and give you my thoughts David!

Matt
--
Expand your moderator at work

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to kapil

Re: I got a $1

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN
reply to David
I offer $100. Then I will fix the old outdated OS and update the hardware to compete with Apple and Android. Dual Cores have been out for a year and yet RIM hasn't installed one.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

1 edit
reply to kapil
said by kapil:

Your blaming people wanting to go back to a gold standard on Ron Paul?

Wow...I thought it was the continuing decline of the business cycle and lack of faith in the dollar.

Or maybe its stuff like this:

»sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news···0dcbb3c3

If you can read that without wanting to Vomit bravo.

desarollo

join:2011-10-01
Monroe, MI
reply to mmay149q
Why gold? Why not peg the dollar to another commodity like oil, corn, soybeans or pork bellies? Everyone loves bacon, I'm thinking pork bellies would be the ideal choice.

Now think long and hard before you throw at me a Glen Beck reason as to why it needs to be backed by gold, and ponder this: If you back your dollar with gold, what happens to the value of your money when someone discovers 20 billion dollars worth of gold? 50 billion dollars? A trillion dollars? How about someone just *announces* they found that volume of gold; what happens?

What happens to the value of your money when they can't find any more gold?

Get the idea? Gold isn't stable, except atomically. Someone in gold rich countries can affect the dollar if it is backed by gold. Not wise.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

4 edits
said by desarollo:

Why gold? Why not peg the dollar to another commodity like oil, corn, soybeans or pork bellies? Everyone loves bacon, I'm thinking pork bellies would be the ideal choice.

Now think long and hard before you throw at me a Glen Beck reason as to why it needs to be backed by gold, and ponder this: If you back your dollar with gold, what happens to the value of your money when someone discovers 20 billion dollars worth of gold? 50 billion dollars? A trillion dollars? How about someone just *announces* they found that volume of gold; what happens?

What happens to the value of your money when they can't find any more gold?

Get the idea? Gold isn't stable, except atomically. Someone in gold rich countries can affect the dollar if it is backed by gold. Not wise.

Are you suggesting that an extremely unlikely mass find of 50 billion dollars of gold is more unsettling than printing 4 trillion dollars?

Seriously?

You obviously didn't think this through.