Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anonynickbla

@comcast.net

[General] AT&T Rewards Scam

I was just told that I cannot get a rebate on the AT&T DSL modem/router that came with the service since I didn't have an AT&T phone service. The slimy sales person told me that I would get a rebate form in the mail when I first purchased.. Turns out he lied. Scummy son of a female dog.

This reaffirms my belief that anything a sales person tells you (AT&T or anyone else) is rarely true. I had hoped that in talking to a call-center type of person they wouldn't have an incentive to screw someone over like that. My faith in online sales now is fried too. I feel bad for the next person that tries to sell me something; man are they getting raked over the coals.....

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
I was forced to buy a $100 modem and they promised to let me get a $100 visa card rebate. So I hope they do not screw me over.
I read in the 'reviews" section that they screw over alot of people like this.
You have to waste time bitching on the phone and they will eventually either send the rebate or give you a $100 credit on your bill or whatever your rebate about was for.

Post back with your results.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

River24

join:2012-01-24
I got screwed too

framk

@sbcglobal.net
reply to anonynickbla
I was talking to a tech person about my speed issues. She recommended I bypass the DSL splitter and plug straight into the wall. I did this and my internet went out for a second. She said this is supposed to happen. My connection was fine afterwards. She said that 95% of connection problems are caused by the splitter. It turns out she just fiddled with my connection and rerouted me somehow because my connection was awful the following day with and without the splitter.

About the modem, I had a similar issue. My modem crapped out one day and I called to see if I could get them to replace it. They kept fighting me off with rhetoric, but as soon as I threatened them with leaving, the lady with whom I was speaking said, "let me talk to my manager." Our account was credited immediately for the price of the modem.

raIDERspeed

join:2002-07-26
Soledad, CA
reply to anonynickbla
Ha they did same thing to me last year! Told me I had to have phone service to get the reward!

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to anonynickbla
I just got my $100 visa rewards card yesterday.
I only have internet, no phone and no tv.
They never mailed anything out until I called.

When I called to complain about never receiving the card, the person gave me the rewards department number.
I called that and I said how I did not get my rewards card.
The person asked how much was I supposed to get.

That was odd to ask me how much I was supposed to get, but I just said $100 and then a couple weeks later I got the $100 card.

Call up and say you never got your rewards card and you need the number to the rewards department.
It is obvious ATT only gives out the cards to those that call back and fight to get it. Anyone that is not willing to call and fight will not get one.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.