join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to HiVolt

Re: [Baseball]Official 2012 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

said by HiVolt:

Wow, the opening day record this game broke was quite old!

15 innings, Cleveland and Detroit in 1960
15 innings, Philadelphia and Washington in 1926.

Jays like setting these odd records.

A win is a win. Glad to see the relief crew hold it together for so long. Not impressed with lack of offence though, 7 runs through 16 isn't much.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
It's good timing tomorrow is a day off. Kind of weird, if you ask me, to have an opening day game then a day off then two games to finish up the series Sat/Sun.

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

When did we get Omar Visguel?

He was signed to a minor league deal in the off-season with an invitation to come to camp...and if he made the squad he'd make X...I don't know that number off the top of my head...

So yeah, there are current Jays on the team (Henderson Alvarez) who could be Omar's SON! ... Not saying that's true...but just to show you the gender gap, Omar is 44, will turn 45 this year and Henderson is 21....

Anyway, what an amazing game. Big comeback, you never know whats going to happen and sure was exciting...were there some blunders, yes, were there some amazing catches, yes, can anyone tell me how Edwin's Double off the wall in the 9th WASNT a Homer??...It had Home run sound written all over it...

If he hits the homer, then the rest is moot and the Jays probably win 5-4...but as they say, a Win is a Win...we'll take it, JoeyBats playing 1st Base, 5 Man Infield....way to pull out all the circus moves in the 1st game!! But I loved every minute of it!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Yea, hehe I didn't even watch until the top of the 9th, because i forgot it was an early game. Picked a good time to turn it on, but when I checked the score I was like, meh, do I even bother? Good thing I did.

noelstrom
meh.
Premium
join:2003-04-07
London, ON
See, you nearly watched a 9 inning game anyway.

alamarco
Premium
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON
reply to nitzguy
The highlight for me was Rasmus' catch in what I think was the 4th (just a guess, game was too long to remember the inning :P). He just made that sick dive to save what was a for sure double and help keep the score at 4.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to J E F F
Jays leading in the 9th, by 1 run. Johnson got a HR.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
Yeah, lets hope the bullpen can hold this one. It was a nice comeback, after the Jays were mesmorized by yet another starter having been no-hit for nearly 7 innings.

Brandon Morrow had an excellent start, but for the second straight game the starter will get a no decision.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
OH MAN!!!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to HiVolt
Balls. Indians tie it in the 9th.

LaZ3R
Premium
join:2003-01-17
Oh no... not another stupid long extra innings game... LOL

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Well, going to the 10th!

LaZ3R
Premium
Bottom 11th already... yeash

Edit: Into the 12th we go

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
A single will score someone, hopefully not another BS.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to LaZ3R
Blooper single, so no run, but a sac will score a run...no outs.

LaZ3R
Premium
reply to J E F F
WOOT!

5-3 Jays, 0 outs in the 12th

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Man, Lawrie is a cocky bastard. Nice running though. Gotta love Lawrie, he's going to do something with this team.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to LaZ3R
Lawrie is becoming my favourite player, I hope he doesn't injure himself...guy has a good attitude -- work ethic, probably would have did really well in the NFL. I could see that cocky bastard running a 100 yards, perhaps like Gump did and right out of the field.
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to LaZ3R
6-3 -- looks like things are falling apart in Cleveland for the Indians. Glad to see Rasmus get his first hit.
--

LaZ3R
Premium
Yep. Nice time for Rasmus to get that first hit. Definitely looks like this game is done unless things really screw up for us in the bottom!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by LaZ3R:

Yep. Nice time for Rasmus to get that first hit. Definitely looks like this game is done unless things really screw up for us in the bottom!

another run and there goes a save opportunity.
--

LaZ3R
Premium
Beauty Nice start for the Jays season!!

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to J E F F
said by J E F F:

said by LaZ3R:

another run and there goes a save opportunity.

Nice running by Rasmus--there goes the save. (that' a good thing)
--

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to LaZ3R
Codero -- why was he not in the 9th? Isn't he supposed to be the de facto saver?

LaZ3R
Premium
reply to J E F F
Game over! Jays win!

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
A win is a win! 2-0!

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to J E F F
said by J E F F:

Codero -- why was he not in the 9th? Isn't he supposed to be the de facto saver?

Cordero is the setup guy, Sergio Santos is the closer....Cordero is aware of this...but since Santos got the BS, Cordero was the next one up, and got it done .

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Let's hope this is a blip on the radar, and Santos isn't gonna be blowing saves like we've seen in the past few years from our so called closers...

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
Jays fell short of another comeback today, lose 4-3 to the Indians in the series finale.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to J E F F
i don't watch the games, but see the highlights...the team looks good this year, despite a lack of some of the "pedigree names" and high dollar signings...you have a good mix of young talent, and hard work, and some decent coaching...i like it.