spc
Search similar:

uniqs
carmine
join:2002-09-30
Waterbury, CT

carmine

Audio dropouts when watching prerecorded video

I find it nearly impossible to watch any program which was recorded on my Cisco RNG200N DVR without suffering through numerous periods of audio dropouts which last from a few seconds to many seconds (10, 20) each event. I presume these dropouts occur during the recording process; if I "rewind" the recording and begin playing again, the identical dropout always seems to occur at the same place (I admit, I am not 100% certain of this fact).

Is there a solution to this most aggravating problem?
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Try steps 2 & 3 in the linked post. Some of the following posts in that thread may help. Just ignore the posts about the schedule updates for the patch.

»Re: [STB] Deployment of Software Patch for SA/Cisco S25 Guide

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to carmine

MVM

to carmine
As a test, start watching a program, AND record it at the same time (just hit the REC button.) See if there are any dropouts while watching live, then rewatch the recording to see if there are any dropouts.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to carmine

to carmine
Around three mouths after I got it My Motorola DCH3416 was doing that. it got worse and worse untill the dvr and rewind live tv function did not work at all. I had to trade it for another of the same box. It's been allmost two years and have never had a problem with the new one other then hard drive space issues.
carmine
join:2002-09-30
Waterbury, CT

carmine

I noticed something last night which may be important...

I am a sucker for old movies and probably 98% of what I record with the DVR is on the TCM-HD channel (1815 here in my area).

Due to other committments, we were unable to catch the first two episodes of PBS' Downton Abbey this season, so I recorded the 2 hour premiere on Jan 8 and the 1 hour episode on Jan 15 (PBS-HD, channel 1024). The wife and I watched both last night and somewhere around the 1-1/2 hour mark it occured to me that there had not been a single audio dropout. Indeed, after watching the entire three hours, not a single drop out!

Later, I started a playback of a TCM movie and the audio dropouts began within the first 5 minutes.

Any thoughts? FWIW, I never notice audio dropouts when watching TCM-HD live.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Watch more PBS programs.

There could be signal issues with particular channels while other channels are OK.