share rss forum feed

noelstrom
meh.
Premium
join:2003-04-07
London, ON
reply to J E F F

Re: [Baseball]Official 2012 Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Don't forget that Prince Fielder has yet to sign, and the Jays were on his short list...

websurfer3

join:2008-02-12
North York, ON
Forget Fielder - 20+ million for upwards of 10 years - no way!

The Jays lamented the contracts they gave Wells & Rios - it will be more of an albatross around their necks with a guy who's 275 lbs. and will be nothing more than a very overpaid DH 4-5 years from now.

Santos was a very good pickup, guy can throw strikes and get people out. Less nervous 9th innings Jay's fans have had to endure the last couple of years.

Frasor fastball is consistent mid-90's and Oliver has had an ERA of 2.29, 44 K's and only 11 walks in 50+ innings with a 1.14 WHIP. Good setup guy and occasional closer when Santos can't go. Heck, even Frasor could get some saves if need be, he has good stuff.

I have faith in AA that he's not finished yet reshaping the Jays - there's 3 months till the season starts, plenty of time to make (a) trade(s)!

noelstrom
meh.
Premium
join:2003-04-07
London, ON
That, and he's always said his target to really start challenging the Sox, Yankees and Rays is the 2013 season.

Really, all I'm hoping for this year is to see improvement. I'll be happy with a season record that is well above .500.