Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Nylanfs

Premium Member

to Nylanfs

Re: Router issues

said by Nylanfs:

Thanks for the quick response, but still getting DNS server still responding.

Check the PC NIC Drivers and update them if a newer version is available.
said by Nylanfs:

I am resetting the modem as well. One of the FREQ's on Earthlink tell me to set it to bridge mode. Should it still be setup this way?

It's really baffling because I hadn't changed any settings to my network since the last time we had connection problems (about 3-4 months ago) and that was solved with a simple power cycle of model and router.

You can try that, but it should not make any difference whether the ZyXEL is Routing or Bridged.
Nylanfs
join:2012-01-13
Elkhart, IN

Nylanfs

Well just double checked my NIC drivers. I'm using the one built into the motherboard, and it is listed as a Nvidia nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, driver version 73.3.5.0 and it says that I have the latest version when I attempt to update it. I have updated the firmware on my ZyXel modem.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Reinstall the drivers on top of the existing drivers.
Nylanfs
join:2012-01-13
Elkhart, IN

Nylanfs

Problem solved. Was IP conflict on my network. Setting router to 192.168.2.1 fixed it. No idea why though since I hadn't added any to my network for quite a while.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Congrats on finding the cause and fixing it. Plus thank you for updating your thread that the cause was found and corrected.