lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

[Sci-Fi] Walking Dead, Season 3 news!

who-hoo!!!!

AMC announced today from the Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour in Pasadena, CA that the third season of The Walking Dead will consist of 16 episodes. Previous season orders were for 13 episodes.

»blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead···ment.php
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
Amazeballs!!!

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
reply to lotusracer
I hope they leave the farm and start exploring again.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
said by r81984:

I hope they leave the farm and start exploring again.

They should be soon. I think the party is headed for a split as well.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer
Sweet, cant wait until 2-12-12,……

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

reply to lotusracer
Good to hear, as long as they leave the farm...or kill the old guy. Both work for me.
--
What smells like blue?

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to lotusracer
Walking dead is overhyped. Nothing new in the story.

Breaking bad didn't deserve it's budget cut because of this show.

Reno7
Premium
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

1 recommendation

reply to lotusracer
Really good news.

Seems like there are two groups of people:
1) People that enjoy the show and the psychology of whats going on with the characters and how they are changing because of the situations they're placed in.
2) People that watch the show, then complain about it because 1000 zombies didn't die from RPG fire every episode.

^ I blame Call of Duty and nobody reading books anymore

Phillip
I Need A Nap

join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA
reply to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

Walking dead is overhyped. Nothing new in the story.

Breaking bad didn't deserve it's budget cut because of this show.

The Walking Dead was not the reason for Braking Bad's budget cut, Mad Men was.

As for shows, Walking Dead is not that bad compared to some of the other shows AMC has done/is doing.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

Even worse. Mad men is trash.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to lotusracer
Fire up them DVR’s and PVR’s ya’ll its almost 2-12-12,…..

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
kudos:2
It's Feb 12th!!!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Yeah it is!

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

Fire up them DVRs and PVRs its almost 2-12-12

hope you all noticed it runs a minute longer tonight
--

Reno7
Premium
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX

1 edit
reply to lotusracer
Well the very end of the show last night was really cool. I tripped out and thought I was watching Justified for a couple of seconds.

Those two fellas did mention they were with other people. My guess would be the weren't the worst of the group they're with...

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On

1 recommendation

How bout them female drivers? lol

Pretty good episode overall. Was very pleased! Great ending to the episode. Didn't expect him to do that the way he did..
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
I like the episode too. Though wtf is up with the car crash. I mean, really?
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On
lol.. I couldn't help but laugh at that scene. Just felt so staged.. like, it just didn't fit naturally. It didn't make sense that she'd be in such a rush to go to town and bring him back. He knew that girl collapsed and that he needed to bring Herschel back asap.
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to Reno7
said by Reno7:

Really good news.

Seems like there are two groups of people:
1) People that enjoy the show and the psychology of whats going on with the characters and how they are changing because of the situations they're placed in.
2) People that watch the show, then complain about it because 1000 zombies didn't die from RPG fire every episode.

^ I blame Call of Duty and nobody reading books anymore

I guess you could put me in the middle. I enjoy the character interactions, but I also want to know what is going on in the world as well.
--
What smells like blue?

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to lotusracer
To me last night's episode felt perfectly in line with the rest of the current season.
That's not really a good thing though. The story seems to be moving along at a snails pace, with the exception of the showdown at the bar, which was pretty bad-ass.

For the life of me I don't get why Lori felt the need to "go get" Rick and Glenn. Did she think they were going to spend the night in town or something? It was a really crappy set-up for the car crash.

I hope the story picks up a bit and I hope it has something to do with the friends of the two guys Rick shot dead at the bar.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

willewonka

join:2012-02-15
Jacksonville Beach, FL
reply to lotusracer
Wohoo, that's great news.

I pretty much liked the episode as well, a bit too much talking and too little zombie killing action but still good episode.

Just can't wait to see what's next when they leave the farm.

That's bound to happen anytime soon, I hope?

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to lotusracer
I loved the ending of last week's episode. Gotta say that Rick is the man.

The character development in the series has been quite good, but I'm mystified by at least one character's actions. Unless Dale has gone entirely around the bend I can't think of any explanation for his attempt to hide the weapons. I figure he's going down shortly.

I figure the next episode will be the make-or-break for their time on the farm. Glad to see the renewal for season 3!
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer
The last episode was great, very entertaining. Rick always seems driven to do the right thing in the right way. One day that may come to bite him (no pun intended).

Did you see the look on his face when his Wife was talking to him in the tent?

Did you see Maggie zip past her father and go right to Glenn,....?

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On
said by Octavean:

The last episode was great, very entertaining. Rick always seems driven to do the right thing in the right way. One day that may come to bite him (no pun intended).

(spoiler)

Octavean, I laughed when she did that! Soo much disrespect! lol

Great episode this week. The first half was pretty intense with the gun fight and all the walkers coming out of no where
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Good episode. I thought they were gonna shoot the kid stuck on the fence. I was surprised they were gonna try to amputate
--

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to lotusracer
ever so slightly off topic... but amusing... "Zombie Love Song"

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···MuevcCvY
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer
I bought Volume 1 of The Walking Dead, "Days Gone Bye”. Its great, very similar but different at the same time. Excellent stuff, now I want the entire collection.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to lotusracer
Thought last night's episode was pretty good. Good amount of action.

Really hoped they would have left Shane behind. Even more so considering the preview of next week. I am still curious what they will do with the kid they have picked up (and tried to dump off). The whole suicide thing was kinda odd imo. And where was Hershel the whole time? Finally, is that walker (that was in the field) headed to the farm?
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
I don’t know what they were trying to say with that specific walker in the field.

For me though, it brought on thoughts of the tortoise and the hare. Rick and Shane speeding past that field walker twice doesn’t mean it wont catch-up to them while they are sleeping or at some other inopportune moment.

If you consider the suicide angle of the show this week, you start to see a theme of hopelessness based on the enormity of what they are up against. That lone walker in the field may have been intended to symbolize that they can’t just wipe out the threat,…any more then we could eliminate everything we consider to be a threat today (rats, roaches, extremists, criminals and so on).

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to lotusracer
Some news on season 3 here. Not sure if these details were covered in the other link:

»www.aintitcool.com/node/53829
--