spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to Jay_

Re: [Sci-Fi] Walking Dead, Season 3 news!

said by Jay_:

said by Grimm:

lol nice.

I am excited to see who eats it(pun intended) on sunday.

No, I haven't read the comics and yes, I've done my best to stay away from spoilers.

Same here. I don't even like watching the "Next time on the Walking Dead" after each episode. I always turn it off at that point.

I usually watch that part and the following week tends to hurt as I wait lol.

However, for this episode they even stated that they weren't showing much "due to the graphic content" or some shitz, so really all they showed is the what you see at the end of last weeks episode: Carl and Rick noticing the Zombie Horde then cut...
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to lotusracer
I'm content with the way the show is going at this point.

It was time for Shane to either leave the group or eat a bullet. The "normal" dead now rising as walkers is a game changer. So much for the hope of waiting out the walkers until they all expire.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to Sunday's episode and I'll probably start acting like Carl until the series starts up again.
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to lotusracer
Carl, as irritating as he may be, has no one his age to occupy his time. So he’s bound to get into some idle hands trouble. In the books Sophia remained alive at least until they left the farm and have been at the prison for a while. Therefore Carl had someone to play with and stayed out of the way more. Carl seemed to be younger in the book too.

I like the TV series more then the book so far. They seem to embellish a bit more in the TV series, hence the longer stay at the farm. It also feels like the TV series has a team of great writers (instead of just one). However, I think it was Kirkman that described the show as a soap opera with zombies sprinkled in,…

I personally don’t like soap operas,…so the zombie spice / special sauce must be working,...

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
reply to lotusracer
So what do you think is under the hood?
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
kudos:2
said by SixOfNine:

Curiosity already kicked my ass last night and I looked it up (never read the comics). I won't ruin it for anyone that doesn't know but I really really look forward to seeing more of that person in season 3! lol
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Jay_:

said by SixOfNine:

Curiosity already kicked my ass last night and I looked it up (never read the comics). I won't ruin it for anyone that doesn't know but I really really look forward to seeing more of that person in season 3! lol

Yeah, I let a coworker spill the beans to me -- sounds very promising.
--

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On
Anyone else not help themselves but laugh at the top of your lunges when Lori was all panicked because she couldn't find Carl? lol... Time to buy a chain and keep the kid tied up.
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

1 recommendation

She got on my nerves in the comics, she's on my nerves in the TV series. If and when her time comes, I will cheer.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer
Great stuff, really great!

This was the episode that had just about everything in it.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Jay_
said by Jay_:

Anyone else not help themselves but laugh at the top of your lunges when Lori was all panicked because she couldn't find Carl? lol... Time to buy a chain and keep the kid tied up.

She's just as retarded remember? »/r0/download/1···_500.jpg
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to Jay_
said by Jay_:

said by SixOfNine:

Spoiler tags. I want to know and enjoy shows being spoiled. Something to look forward to.
--

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On
haha well.. from what I've read (DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO THE HOODED PERSON IS) her name is Michonne. She is someone who has basically figured out this new world and how to survive.

She was divorced with 2 daughters before the infection hit. Her new boyfriend and his best friend were the first to be turned in her life and they killed both her daughters and almost killed her as well. She was able to fend them off with her Katana (which apparently was her neighbors at the time). Apparently she had a lot of training in fencing which explains her prowess with a sword.

Her boyfriend and his friend are the 2 zombies she has chained up with her of which she cut off both arms (to avoid being attacked) as well as their lower jaws to avoid being bit. She keeps them around to mask her human scent when traveling.

In the comics she comes upon the group when she saved Otis (not killed by Shane in the comics) as he was traveling back to the Prison from an excursion for supplies.

She's a more secluded personality but apparently becomes very fond of the group and cares for them in her own way. She is very troubled and some people believe suffers from mental illness.

There is a lot more about her that I'm refusing to read right now because I don't want to completely ruin the stories to come for myself! lol.. but that's some of what she is and where she came from.

--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to lotusracer
From my perspective, the show is unique enough so that the graphic novel series (A.K.A comic books) don’t really serve as a spoiler. You definitely still get surprises even if you have some knowledge of the “bones” of the story.

As much as I enjoy the TV series (one of the best shows on TV now IMO) it just isn’t enough due to the frequent brakes. For example, here we are now at the end of season 2 with season 3 starting in the fall. Not exactly left swinging in the wind but a wait none the less.

I’m now on Volume 7 “The Calm Before” and I just ordered volumes 8, 9 and 10 from Amazon which should be here by the 21st.

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On
I've considered reading the graphic novels. I guess you would recommend them?

As for best TV show, I have to agree it's one of my favorites for sure but I have to rate Game of Thrones as my undisputed #1.
--

SixOfNine
Premium
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

said by Jay_:

said by SixOfNine:

Spoiler tags. I want to know and enjoy shows being spoiled. Something to look forward to.

I didn't think I said anything that rated a spoiler tag.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Jay_
said by Jay_:

I've considered reading the graphic novels. I guess you would recommend them?

As for best TV show, I have to agree it's one of my favorites for sure but I have to rate Game of Thrones as my undisputed #1.

Well, yes I would recommend “The Walking Dead” graphic novels but only to those with an inclination towards graphic novels / comic books to begin with. For those who do have such an affinity it’s a great way to satiate your craving for all things “Walking Dead”.

I bought the first book starting a family vacation. We stopped at a Walmart. My Wife got the last book of the “Hunger Games” trilogy and my daughters each wanted a “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” book. I didn’t see anything I liked until I came across volume 1 of “The Walking Dead” (~$8.50) and once I did it seemed like the only logical choice,…..

For those adventurous enough to look into the books you can get quite the free sample-eye full over at Amazon. I’m not sure if you can get them for free via the Amazon Kindle lending library but the free samples online are often more then just a few pages.

“Game of Thrones” is right up there on my short list too as is Spartacus (although the loss of alumni is a little off-putting). I can hardly wait for the return of “The Walking Dead” and “Game of Thrones”.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

I didn't think I said anything that rated a spoiler tag.

It didn't. I wasn't being sarcastic.
--

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
reply to lotusracer
At first I was like AWESOME WHOS THAT!!!. Then they told me who it was near the end of Talking Dead. Then I jumped on Amazon and bought a walking dead compendium.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
The Walking Dead compendium is what I should have started with. The compendium one looks like its thick as a brick, which is a good thing and is very cost effective at ~$33 or so. I believe it has the first 8 books. If there is a compendium two I would get that now though,…

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to lotusracer
Although the season 2 finale was one of the better episodes of the season, I still felt it wasn't that good.

Basically, they killed off a bunch of characters we didn't know and didn't care about, they left the farm, Andrea got separated from the group and meets a shadowy figure with a sword, and Rick asserts himself as the leader of the group. All in all a lot of forward progress, in one episode, in a season where there was none.

There were too many moments where the plot or dialog felt a bit hokey. Like when Carol (the old lady) was talking to Daryl about Rick (a man of honor? really?). Wasn't Rick one of the people in the group desperate to find Sophia?
Or Lori calling out for Carl like she suddenly realized she had a kid.
Or Lori upset that Rick killed Shane and Carl put him down after he turned. That's what happens when you can't control your kid, he kills Zombies.
Or the idiot in the RV just sitting there and getting eaten.
Or Hershel firing 40 rounds from a shotgun after reloading twice. And where were all of the bodies?
Or the reveal that the doc at the CDC told Rick that everyone was infected. To be honest, I didn't even remember that scene from season 1, and I didn't really care anymore what the secret was when it was revealed.
Didn't they have a plan to line up the vehicles facing away from the farm with supplies (fuel and food) laid in? They spent 9 years at the farm but couldn't come up with a contingency plan in case they had to evacuate? Where would they meet up? What's the big deal if they're all infected? It only matters if they get killed, and by then, who cares? Do these people need to find something to be angry about or what?
Drive-by headshots for everybody?

Whoever was responsible for turning this show into shit should be ashamed of themselves.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Grimm

1 recommendation

said by Rook008:

Whoever was responsible for turning this show into shit should be ashamed of themselves.

This may answer the question. (BTW, I recognized it was Sam from TFU games when the episode aired. Though none of my friends agreed lol)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyjdBac6p4

--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
That does help.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Grimm
Is it wise to speak out like that?

Does the phrase “you‘ll never work in this town again“ mean nothing to him?

LOL, just kidding but still,…..

I’m sure there is a lot that goes into the production of shows that either never come to fruition because they never got out of the idea stage or was cut off at the knees midway,….

Stuff happens,…..but the show must go on,...

Grimm

I agree with you. IIRC he says something along the lines of "being able to talk about it now" so he atleast abided by some rule(s).

I just felt like something was different between S1 & S2 and this explains it. I'm just ashamed at myself for not figuring it out sooner.
--

Reno7
Premium
join:2008-10-26
Keller, TX
reply to Grimm

I remember watching one of the DVD extras from Stargate SG1 when Amanda Tapping started talking about all the budget issues they had that went all the way to things like they couldn't afford hair spray for her (something like that). They had to scrounge all season saving money for special effects in season cliff hangers.

I would have enjoyed seeing that back story of the soldier.

PS. I want Hershal's magic shotgun.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Grimm
They let the producer go, and I think they even fired the writers, after season one.
Their excuse of cutting the writers was that the majority of shows on TV today don't have dedicated writers.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Reno7
quote:
PS. I want Hershal's magic shotgun.

I agree. That thing must of had 50 or more rounds in it, or a magazine.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
reply to lotusracer
It was a decent ending to a poor season. Anyway, this is my prediction:

Lori's baby, and thus all to be born will have an immunity to the disease. They will no longer turn when they die.
--
What smells like blue?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

The farm aspect seemed to be expanded upon in the TV series over the book. I agree the farm got old fast but I still think they did a better job of it in the TV series then they did in the book (overall).

Fair enough but how would one go about proving whether they were immune. Perhaps someone surviving a bite,…..?

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
Since it is a TV show, surviving the bite would be the most likely option to prove that humanity had hope.

I can see the series finale now. Flash ahead a couple years. Zombies still exist, little kid gets bitten, does not develop fever or die. Humanity has hope.

--
What smells like blue?