spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ColoradoTex

@qwest.net

Setup Westell E90-610015-06 for CenturyLink

I have a Westell E90-610015-06 that was used for Verizon DSL. I have moved and want to use this with CenturyLink. I have read numerous posts but they don't quite get me there. I am currently unable to connect to the DSL service with Century Link. Their connection settings are:
VPI 8
VCI 35
Connection Type: DHCP
Multiplexing: LLC base

I have made the changes for vpi and vci, but I cannot find the right place for the other two settings.

I will want to bridge this to a firewall/router, but right now my problem is connecting to the DSL signal.

Thanks

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

Is the 6100 dsl light is solid green

ColoradoTex

@qwest.net

The DSL light is blinking green.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

Has the dsl service ever worked before
I can tell you how to setup the westell so it makes the internet connection
I can also tell you how to bridge the westell but until there is a solid green dsl light there will be no internet connection

ColoradoTex

@qwest.net

This modem successfully worked with Verizon DSL in Texas. We have moved to Colorado now. CenturyLink has just installed DSL in the area. The modem has never been configured or worked on the CenturyLink network.

Others have successfully set up their DSL in the area with modems from CenturyLink. I am closer to the equipment than they are.

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

You should connect the modem to the nid test jack if you don't get a steady green dsl light call centrylink

If you get a steady green dsl light while connected to the nid test jack the wiring for the house has problems

ColoradoTex

@centurytel.net

OK. I got the green light.

I have working internet. However, I do not know where the DHCP connection type is chosen. CenturyLink told me that this was the connection type. I guess it may not matter since I am getting internet.

What about bridging to my wireless router?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

said by ColoradoTex :

OK. I got the green light. I have working internet

What ever modem you are using now you must release the public ip address the modem has before another device can obtain a public ip address
I need to know if the westell is connected to the internet
said by ColoradoTex :

However, I do not know where the DHCP connection type is chosen

I need to know what the westell gui looks like before I can answer this question

/r0/download/1716319~9a60b4c867bc9cf56f9e48d48fa76749/westell.jpg

/r0/download/1708389~75048a0d01211beb66f9b11e31bcba45/LAN.jpg

ColoradoTex

@centurytel.net

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here is the GUI

Configuration menu

wayjac
Premium,MVM
Indy

The first picture you posted shows that the westell is doing pppoe you've posted that dhcp is used

If you want to bridge the westell click the VC configuration link
Click the edit button for the enabled vc
Find the protocol selection box if it shows pppoe change it to bridge when the page refreshes change the new selection box to bridge and save the changes