spc
uniqs

Phibian
join:2009-06-01
Ottawa, ON

Phibian to Roop

to Roop

Re: [DSL] Cellpipe random reboots / loss of sync (Check logs ple

I'll let you know how my test goes but I'm 99% sure I'll see issues too.

I agree that we need either fixed firmware or a different modem and ASAP. If Bell won't give them the firmware or the modems then they had better find another way to get them.

Teksavvy has finally replied and their reply is - well let's just say I'm extremely disappointed. They asked me all sorts of questions about filters and wiring details. Stating that they needed to review such details before requesting a modem replacement from Bell.

I've already had one modem replacement (with the same broken firmware) and the thing reboots when it is not even connected to the phone line so wiring is obviously not the issue. It is as if they aren't even reading what I'm writing.

I've asked for a manager to please call me tomorrow.

I honestly expected more from them.

MarkNotMarc
@teksavvy.com

MarkNotMarc

Anon

Still not disconnects for me after a full week with the new Cellpipe with the new firmware 1.0.4.3EF-ISAM. The Bell modem is in bridge mode with WIFI disabled.

I did try all the things you tried on the old modem. Disabling WIFI, factory resetting, turning off the DHCP server (which was a pain anytime I wanted to check the modem logs I had to manually configure a network setting), I also followed another set of advice which was to enter PPoE blank credentials when using bridge mode. None of these worked.

The only thing that worked, and I think I got lucky, was the new modem with the 1.0.4.3EF-ISAM firmware. I don't think they want Teksavvy clients to have this version as when you first open you browser and you are directly connected to the modem it gives you a Bell setup wizard.
Roop
join:2003-11-15
Ottawa, ON

Roop to Phibian

to Phibian
sigh. I really don't like saying this and don't want to say it but teksavvy is not the company they were 3-4 years ago when I first joined.

If the cellpipe continues with this behavior, I think I'll just tell bell I lost/burned/through out my sagemcom and pay them for another one. then i'll have two sagemcoms and not have to worry about this BS. I'm not sure if I can just walk into a bell store and buy a sagemcom either. there's one in bayshore, maybe that'll work.

I sure as hell am not going through the crap you went through with tek so far.
Roop

Roop to MarkNotMarc

to MarkNotMarc
hmm, If we had a way to dump and re-upload this firmware we could try this...

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

TSI-Martin is now looking into this for me. Sounds slightly more hopeful... I'll keep you all posted.

For the firmware I found this on the Telus forum. Seems like it is possible but I'm hardly an expert on such things.

»Alcatel Cellpipe 7130 TJ3-65-014E modified TELUS firmware

The description of what to do is about halfway down the page. It also sounds like the firmware for the Telus modem is somewhat different in that it comes with a section in the UI to upload a new firmware image. It may also be that the Telus hardware is slightly different too. I remember reading somewhere that there are several different variants of the Cellpipe 7130.
Roop
Ottawa, ON

Roop

i'll give that firmware a shot when i get home. this cellpipe is pretty useless as it is, if i brick it then oh well.

i had an outage this morning. i have one right now. for whatever reason, the cellpipe or router didn't recover on it's own and i'm not at home so i'll have to walk my wife through the fix. yay!

Stefan
@teksavvy.com

Stefan

Anon

I have the same problem my Cellpipe randomly reboots (not dropping sync). I can tell its a reboot because all the lights go out even the LAN lights and the power light.

Here is the log, you can see where it reboots at line 10.
Firmware is version v1.0.4.4R3WH

»pastebin.com/6Mgm2PiL

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

Yup that looks exactly like the issue.

Cool that you've caught it in the act. I've never seen it with my own eyes as it lives in the basement and I'm upstairs. I think this is the 100% confirmation that we needed that the thing is completely rebooting.

I'm still working on TSI for some sort of resolution. TSI-Martin is the one currently handling this. I might suggest that everyone send him an IM directly to let him know that you are affected by the Cellpipe reboot issue.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?
abcxyz123
join:2012-01-17
k2k0h2

abcxyz123

I IMed Martin with the solution to my reboots with my Cellpipe modem model version and firmware version, and the Bell techs cellphone number and hopefully you guys can get it fixed like I did. It took a few tech visits and a number of calls to get mine fixed.

FYI here was the reboot log I used to see:

2011-12-09F01:31:05 HPNA info HPNA device is ready to be loaded with fw
2011-12-09F01:31:12 HPNA info Set HPNA device's mac address
2011-12-09F01:31:12 HPNA info Activate loaded fw image
2011-12-09F01:31:17 GUI info this firmware is version v1.0.4.4R3WH
2011-12-09F01:31:17 UPnP info UPnP IGD started
2011-12-09F01:31:18 UPnP info Known Connection Type(PPP type)! Use file: xml/igdPPPDesc.xml...
2011-12-09F01:31:26 Ethernet info Link 2 Up - 100Base-TX Full Duplex
2011-12-09F01:32:21 VDSL notice Detect VDSL Link UP...

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

Thanks marknotmarc!

The sooner this gets resolved the more hair I'm likely to have left...
Roop
Ottawa, ON

Roop

I posted in the direct forum for this. TSI has asked for my cellpipe to be swapped with a sagemcom. Hopefully that happens in good time. They didn't ask me for more info but I gave them a lot. Sadly not everyone is going to have both a bell/sagemcom and a tek/cellpipe to do various tests with... maybe in the future we'll only have the right firmware or a sagemcom to begin with.

Phibian
Ottawa, ON

Phibian

Thanks for the info.

TSI has apparently requested a swap for both of my modems although Martin didn't know for sure what they will send so I'm guessing I'll get two new cellpipes with the same busted firmware. He said if I do to let him know and he'll explore other avenues.

Please let us know what ends up happening as I'm sure that all of us would like this to just go away and the sooner we find an angle that works the sooner we can all get something that actually fixed the problem.