spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bukzin
join:2001-11-21

bukzin to redpepper

to redpepper

Re: "GVJack App" Converts MJ Dongles To Google Voice

Will this app/devise work with my MacBookPro?

Thanks!
redpepper
join:2009-09-05

redpepper

Thanks for the question. Perhaps in the future if the numbers make sense.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

1 edit

GlennLouEarl to redpepper

Premium Member

to redpepper
Just tried it for the first time (on a "tiny" PC--old Acer Revo); worked great (easy on the "tiny" system resources). Cool.

Anyone know if this setup works with the typical [ADT] Home Security System? (My sister could use it if it does.)

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

said by GlennLouEarl:

Anyone know if this setup works with the typical [ADT] Home Security System? (My sister could use it if it does.)

I've read people post that it does, but it would depend on too many factors for each individual to know for sure. I'd think your best bet would be to try yours on her computer and see. One thing to keep in mind though, a power or ISP outage, or the computer crashing - or anything similar - would cause the ADT system to fail.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to redpepper

Premium Member

to redpepper
kool. My kids are getting of an age where they want their own phone. I'll hold onto the dongle and let them use it with Google voice.

I just "upgraded" from the dongle to magic jack plus.
redpepper

redpepper

Smart thinking. That's definitely a really good use for it.

webtechy
join:2002-02-28
Fremont, CA

webtechy to bukzin

to bukzin
said by bukzin:

Will this app/devise work with my MacBookPro?

Thanks!

The operating system requirements from the download show "Operating system: Windows XP/2003/Vista/7" and the article here says it's windows only unfortunately for us Mac users.
»reviews.cnet.com/8301-33 ··· 17006471

greenman
join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA

1 edit

greenman to redpepper

to redpepper
I really want this because I use Google Voice to forward all my calls to the magicJack. Hence, I wouldn't mind finding an expired dongle or two so I can get rid of my skype number too.

A. I'm not seeing any expired dongles on ebay at $3 a piece. In fact, I'm not seeing any expired dongles at all. Bummer! I'm less likely to buy a $30-to-$40 device with an existing contract only to change to the GVJack software for another $20. (Hmmm... add another $20 if I plan to transfer my existing mJ number to GV. :/ )

B. I would like to have a similar firmware for an expired magicJack plus dongle so I can leave my computer off while I use the dongle.
redpepper

4 edits

redpepper

The demand for the GVJack App has been extremely high and that has been a nice problem to have by all means.

Ebay is however still full of used/expired MJ dongles with more still being listed everyday now that there is actually a viable market for them. Just set your search preference to show the lowest priced ones first.

The bidding for this example expired MJ dongle starts at just $0.95 cents and it will likely bid up to whatever the current market will bear based on supply and demand. We have been tracking them on Ebay for the last few months and find that many are snatched up for under $5 while others are being bid up higher.

»www.ebay.com/itm/MAGICJA ··· 8wt_1325

CURRENT EBAY LIST OF USED/EXPIRED MAGICJACK DONGLES
»www.ebay.com/sch/Home-Ne ··· 0&_sop=1
redpepper

redpepper

The GVJack App now extends real E911 emergency calling service to Google Voice users for only $1/month.

The new "Standard" version of the GVJack App is just $12.95.
synchron
join:2002-12-31
Simi Valley, CA

synchron

redpepper - I just test ran your software on an old expired mj dongle and an xtra gmail/gvoice account. Works great! I figure I can give this to my parents and set them up with their own gvoice account and save $$$ since as of now they are paying like $30/mo through comcast.