Keizer
I'M Your Huckleberry
MVM
join:2003-01-20

1 edit

Keizer to wayjac

MVM

to wayjac

Re: Westell 7500 to replace current DSL modem???

said by wayjac:

Ok....Connect the westell to a computer and go to the westell private lan page
Remove the check mark from the private lan dhcp server check box
Change the modem ip address to 192.168.1.253
Click the save button
Connect a westell lan port to a bec modem/router lan port
Reboot the computer or release and renew the computers ip address, after the reboot you'll be able to access the modems gui and the westell gui......

Thanks for the reply!

That's actually one of the things I tried earlier today. When I click on the save button, the browser page goes blank, and the Firefox throbber spins and spins, and nothing happens. At the bottom of my browser, it says "waiting for 10.0.0.1" Afterward, I can't access the GUI again until after I do a reset.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by Keizer:

When I click on the save button, the browser page goes blank, and the Firefox throbber spins and spins, and nothing happens. At the bottom of my browser, it says "waiting for 10.0.0.1"

That's normal when you connected the westell to your computer, your computer was given a 10.0.0. ip address by the westell dhcp server
When you changed the westell ip address your computer cannot access the westell because it's ip address 192.168.1 is different but your computer still has a 10.0.0. ip address

If you will follow the rest of the instructions the bec modem/router will give the computer a 192.168.1 ip address and you'll be able to access the modems gui and the westell gui......

Keizer
I'M Your Huckleberry
MVM

Keizer

MVM

said by wayjac:

said by Keizer:

When I click on the save button, the browser page goes blank, and the Firefox throbber spins and spins, and nothing happens. At the bottom of my browser, it says "waiting for 10.0.0.1"

That's normal when you connected the westell to your computer, your computer was given a 10.0.0. ip address by the westell dhcp server
When you changed the westell ip address your computer cannot access the westell because it's ip address 192.168.1 is different but your computer still has a 10.0.0. ip address

If you will follow the rest of the instructions the bec modem/router will give the computer a 192.168.1 ip address and you'll be able to access the modems gui and the westell gui......

Woops! My bad, let me try again.
Keizer

Keizer

MVM

Ok, we now have wireless! Wayjac, thank you for your patience, and informational help with this.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

Ok....Can you post a picture of any of the westell gui pages

Keizer
I'M Your Huckleberry
MVM

Keizer

MVM

said by wayjac:

Ok....Can you post a picture of any of the westell gui pages

Sure......give a few minutes. Anything specific??